Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

• I'd put your contact details in the footer — it's the type of buiness that people want to get in touch, so it's important enough info to be on every page.
    • Would consider putting your accreditation in the footer too. I've no idea about hynotherapy, but you know yourself — if I was going to go to someone, I'd first try to find out if there is a recognised body & if the person was affliated to it
    • I'd copy the text from the newspaer article & put it on the page itself — what if it's too small for some people to read. Also, images like this should have alt text set, for people with screen-readers and for SEO
    • Your page headings should be in <h1> tags not <p> tags. Again, your hurting your SEO here
    • I'd see if you can get your designer to give you a larger copy of the logo, it looks a bit pixelated. Also, on that — the colours of your logo don't fit with the palette of the site. Not a big deal, but would mesh together a little better if you tweaked the CSS to match.

Overall though it looks well — you've picked a clean theme & have good information up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Feathers wrote: »
    • I'd put your contact details in the footer — it's the type of buiness that people want to get in touch, so it's important enough info to be on every page.
    • Would consider putting your accreditation in the footer too. I've no idea about hynotherapy, but you know yourself — if I was going to go to someone, I'd first try to find out if there is a recognised body & if the person was affliated to it
    • I'd copy the text from the newspaer article & put it on the page itself — what if it's too small for some people to read. Also, images like this should have alt text set, for people with screen-readers and for SEO
    • Your page headings should be in <h1> tags not <p> tags. Again, your hurting your SEO here
    • I'd see if you can get your designer to give you a larger copy of the logo, it looks a bit pixelated. Also, on that — the colours of your logo don't fit with the palette of the site. Not a big deal, but would mesh together a little better if you tweaked the CSS to match.

Overall though it looks well — you've picked a clean theme & have good information up there.

Pretty sure this was just an attempt at build backlinks or forum advertising, obviously doesn't know too much about SEO as all the links in posts are 'nofollow'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Prices, prices, prices. Even guideline ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Overflow wrote: »
    Feathers wrote: »

Pretty sure this was just an attempt at build backlinks or forum advertising, obviously doesn't know too much about SEO as all the links in posts are 'nofollow'.

Forgot most visitors probably aren't aware of that :) Ah you never know, might have been genuine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Even nofollow links are worth something. That was an epic disaster on Google's part.

Advertisement