Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just received social welfare card in post but nothing else...

Options
  • 28-06-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi, I had my interview for social welfare last week and handed in all documents needed, p45, letter stating completion of college studies etc. Two days ago i receive social welfare card in the post, but nothing else, such as how much i'm entitled to, when and where to collect job jeeker payments. Should i receive a second letter with all of that information or do i need to go back to the office? Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

nope,that has all the information on it that you need such as your pps number,your social security number..what you do next is turn up at the post office on the day you are assigned..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The card is ordered when you claim and is separate to the claim. You will get a letter when the claim is awarded with all relevant details.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

thanks guys, any idea how long it generally takes to process applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It really depends on your specific circumstances. It can take on average 2-12 weeks. JSB will be quicker, JSA usually takes longer. If it has to go to an inspector then it usually takes the longest as they are extremely busy with numerous SW schemes other than Jobseekers. Good luck.:)

Advertisement