Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booth v Casey

Options
  • 28-06-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Jason Booth taking on Ireland’s Willie ‘Big Bang’ Casey for the WBA European belt.

talks about Brian Magee v Kelly Pavlic world title fight going on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

When this match will be broadcast on TV is there any news of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

any streams for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

@LoveIrishBoxing: Willie Casey picks himself off canvas in R1 to win WBO Euro title on points v Jason Booth in Sunderland

@Willie_Casey #irishboxing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

When is this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

A good win for Casey hope he continues in this vein

• Advertisement

Willie Casey on Jason Booth fight & winning WBA European title in Sunderland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlAxz-__b0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Im kind of sick of Willie, he is a mediocre fighter who somehow managed to worm his way to a world title shot, and was duly found out.

We should be focusing on some of our quality amatuer boxers, who, given the chance would destroy, the inappropriately named " Big Bang ." Guys like John Joe Nevin, Darren O Neil, these are the guys we should be discussing with the Olympics looming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

buyer95 wrote: »
    Im kind of sick of Willie, he is a mediocre fighter who somehow managed to worm his way to a world title shot, and was duly found out.

We should be focusing on some of our quality amatuer boxers, who, given the chance would destroy, the inappropriately named " Big Bang ." Guys like John Joe Nevin, Darren O Neil, these are the guys we should be discussing with the Olympics looming

I like Casey and he works hard but it's true, Nevin is a beautiful boxer. I wonder if he'll turn pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

buyer95 wrote: »

With all due respect Nevin, O'Neill etc wern't fighting on Sat night. Your comment is grand in that these are two lovely boxers but it's a bit like going into a Euro 2012 thread and asking people to talk about the Premiership because you prefer it. Feel free to start a thread on our Olympic hopefuls if you don't want to contribute to this.

Well done Willie, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I like Casey and he works hard but it's true, Nevin is a beautiful boxer. I wonder if he'll turn pro.

I really hope Nevin does go pro after the Olympics, I think he has the all around ability to be a genuine World class fighter if he turns over. He's shown in the WSB that a transition into the pro game may suit him quite well.

However as pointed out by others that's a matter for another thread, this is about Willie Casey picking up a good win for himself at the weekend. I'm happy for Willie, surprised that he didn't get the stoppage really and even more surprised that this bout was meant to have been very close.

I think he has the potential to give any of the top Super-Bantamweights or Featherweights in Europe a tough nights work. With that said however I don't believe he'd get the better of any out of Frampton, Quigg, Martinez, Munroe or Galahad. Same with Selby, Yefimovych and plenty of the other top European feathers. With that said though I'd be interested in how he'd get on with the European Featherweight champion Miskirtchian in a neutral venue.

• Advertisement

Jason Booth on his loss in Willie Casey fight for WBA European title in Sunderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ColZbIwaEJ0

Advertisement