Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst resto ever ?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

i came upon this MGB GT " resto" on you tube

i really cant figure out is this a piss take, and im not getting it, or this guy is actually doing this as a restoration

please do have a look at some of his videos - truly shocking and laugh out loud in disbelief at what he is doing

im not knocking him for effort - but holy god,has no one told him how bad he really is???

you would want to be actually mad driving this death trap :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5GMWwWxS-s&feature=related

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

dj jarvis wrote: »
    but holy god,has no one told him how bad he really is???

I had a quick flick through :eek:

Someone has told him how bad he really is - The MOT man :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkrfqeYExM

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

He makes good use of the old 'pigeonsh1t 3000' mig welder.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

If he ever hits anything with that it'll snow for a week afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

If you ever see MDT 254W on ebay, run like fook in the other direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Using filler on a petrol tank? I'm no expert, but.... would a new tank be the way to go?

At 6:27 there is a comment "fortunately if there are any leaks there it'll be right at the top". That's a very scary attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I ve seen plenty of shyte resto jobs at shows here............let he who is without sin etc etc............;)

Maybe the guy couldnt afford 20k to have some "expert" do it for him....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Sids Not wrote: »
    I ve seen plenty of shyte resto jobs at shows here............let he who is without sin etc etc............;)

Maybe the guy couldnt afford 20k to have some "expert" do it for him....;)
    Good point but...
    I'm no mechanic or car restorer, just have a great interest in old cars because I'm old enough to remember the cars of the 60's. :o Got my first car in 74.
    But if I was brave enough to do a restore I would'nt put it up on youtube until I had it nct'd.

red sean wrote: »
    Good point but...
    I'm no mechanic or car restorer, just have a great interest in old cars because I'm old enough to remember the cars of the 60's. :o Got my first car in 74.
    But if I was brave enough to do a restore I would'nt put it up on youtube until I had it nct'd.

Yeah..i know what you mean, it just irks me when i hear another "enthusiast" havin a go at someone elses pride and joy...The guy has done trojan work on the car ,its not perfect but doesnt warrant the "worst resto ever" award....;)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Yeah..i know what you mean, it just irks me when i hear another "enthusiast" havin a go at someone elses pride and joy...The guy has done trojan work on the car ,its not perfect but doesnt warrant the "worst resto ever" award....;)
    It's pretty poor to be fair! this guy has done a couple of "restos" and I can't really see why he would put the videos up unless it's for us to have a little chuckle. I'm not having a go at him by any means I think fair play to anybody who tries to restore a car but I also know to my cost the difference between a good job and a bad job so why can't we call it what it is and say it's a bad job?
    But very funny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

sorry bud , but i have watched nearly all his videos and trust me , its not a dig at his work , i even said in my OP that not knocking him for trying
    but it is dangerous at the extreme , nothing to do with having a 10,000 resto job done , its having basic and i mean BASIC knowledge of what you are doing

did you not see/hear the bit about FILLING the petrol tank , or see the massive holes in the floor pan that he just sprayed over ?
    and in fairness , read the title - i was asking the question , is it the worst ? not making the statement that it is

but if i have to call a spade a spade - yes it ranks as poss one of the most haphazard dangerous welding/resto jobs i have ever seen

Trojan work ?? so filling a rust bucket with filler and pigeon **** welding is Trojan work ???

its a piece of scrap now just as much as it was before he started

• Advertisement

hi ...first post...
    im restoring 1 1972 vauxhall viva hc.... i need it resprayed , not to show quality but good.
    poss just 1 colour.... black... and poss with a gun metal grey stripe on it..
    does anyone know of a good person/company in either south dublin wicklow wexford area..... as close to arklow would be great
    a lot of the prep work will be done before left for spraying so how much apx should i be looking at?
    thank you in advance for all posts

dj jarvis

Any pics or youtube clips maybe..................:p

Any pics or youtube clips maybe..................:p

what has that to do with this thread ?
    what point are you trying to make ?

i really dont understand why you are taking offence to me asking the question , and then dig up something i posted over 4 years ago ,
    whats the connection and whats the point ?

what has that to do with this thread ?
    what point are you trying to make ?

i really dont understand why you are taking offence to me asking the question , and then dig up something i posted over 4 years ago ,
    whats the connection and whats the point ?

ouch........;)

Lets see your "resto" pictures and let us judge your effort........i think its quite clear in my posts....:rolleyes:

ouch........;)

Lets see your "resto" pictures and let us judge your effort........i think its quite clear in my posts....:rolleyes:

nothing to prove to some random troller - dont like the thread i started - then stop posting on it - simple

we are talking about this guys bodge job -not mine. you can better? then you start a thread with your resto on it - other wise - cop on and go away

because you really must not have watched his videos from no:29 to 32 , have a watch,and then try convince us all that he is " doing trojan work "

he clearly states many many times he thinks he is doing a sports car resto , but in fact he is filling a ROTTEN car with filler - you do understand by definition that is not a restoration dont you ?

as for my two restorations - dont you worry sonny - they are just peachy :D

as for my two restorations - dont you worry sonny - they are just peachy :D

Will they be at Terenure,. for inspection...????

BTW.......Terenure is a classic car show.....:pac:

Last post on this ridiculous thread.....

Will they be at Terenure,. for inspection...????

BTW.......Terenure is a classic car show.....:pac:

REALLY ??? is it ?? i always wondered why others parked their cars next to my one in a field in terenure .......... you learn something new everyday.
    funny really - i have attended every year since it was held in the army barracks in rathmines ............

so adios troller - you must try harder next time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thank god for that!:pac:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

WOW !!!!! he really doesnt have a clue... mind you... not sure if he is any better than a lad who started a job on a BGT here who charged the earth moon and stars and has cost the same to put right..
    That poor engine and gearbox will have some weight to pull around !! :D

Advertisement