Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding child to my SW claim

Options
  • 28-06-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I get a SW payment as a single person given the unusual living arrangements I have with regards to my son.
    However, since he is now off school for the new 2 months, he shall primarily be living with me. (a lot of why he doesnt live with me during the week is down to me not being able to get him to/from school....he stay every weekend)
    No-one else has him listed as a dependant on another SW claim.

What I would like to know is if I can add him as a child dependant to my jobseekers for the summer months as obviously there is an increase in my expenses with him being with me full time. And also, can I add him to my RS claim for those months too? As I pay more than the usual weekly contribution but what i pay would be halved if my son was living with me full time. (€60 a wk versus €30 if i can add him to my claim)

Any advice before I go into the social welfare office would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

For jobseeker's your child needs to be normally resident with you in order to qualify for the payment - have a look at the guidelines here and see do any apply to your situation:
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/depsqc.aspx#normalres

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Yes he will be primarily with me for the coming months, as in with me 5+ nights a week....its the arrangement i have come to with my parents whom he normally resides during school term. So I believe under these grounds I should qualify.
    Its that its not a permanent changeover, just one for the coming 2 months.
    I was just wondering if its ever been done before?
    Has for example, any father had his child love with him for a month or two or even 6, while on SW and for that time obtain the additional child payment for that time? Which could be a more common situation where this could be appropriate. Obvious when the additional child payment is not being paid to the other parent.

Advertisement