Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend good sites to have your writing reviewed?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering what other sites people have heard of or have used to have their writing reviewed? Any suggestions would be helpful. Cheers.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I think it depends what you want. I tend to hang out on Wattpad a lot. It's a big site with a lot of traffic. Now, it depends on what sort of review you are looking for. There are not many expert reviewers there, but what you will get is a lot of reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Hi Eileen,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I meant reaction really. Have put up some writing here, and people are really generous in giving feedback and advice, it's great! I just thought the more feedback I can get, the better, which is why I wanted to put it up on a few other websites too. Can't be any harm?

Just be careful about copyright, so make sure you don't cloud it.

I know a few people who have tried Authoromy, but it seems you have to do a lot of reviews in order to get reviews, and since there is an element of voting, people are reluctant to be completely honest in case they get bad reviews back.

Yes, I'm green as regards how to protect yourself with copyright on sites.
    Also, autonomy doesn't sound great, thanks for that info.

It shouldn't be an issue, but read the T&C before you post. Wattpad has a little dropdown menu dealing with copyright, dealing with if you are posting your own original work and so own copyright, or if you are posting something that is in the public domain, and variations of that.

• Advertisement

Okay. Will check it out. Thanks Eileen.:)

Advertisement