Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally biting the bullet...

Options
  • 28-06-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

...and sharing my music with more than just close friends.

I've been writing songs since I was a teen - rubbish mostly, I'll be honest. And it probably hasn't improved a lot since :) But since I got back into playing and writing late last year, I've written quite a few songs.

This was one of the first ones I did in this new bout of creativity - it's not the strongest lyrically but I think it's easy for most people to relate to and I think the melody is nice.

I'm not a great singer and I'm not a great guitarist, but I mean what I do. So if you feel like it, take a listen and give me any tips or comments on the song or whatever!

Also, the quality isn't good - just a forewarning! Thanks! All feedback encouraged and welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Hi,
    It isn't easy to put your creation out there in public so fair play to you.
    I like it.
    Where i live (Tuam) people come together once a month to enjoy each others creations, be it songs, poetry, etc.
    Link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/119917511364500/
    Perhaps there's something similar near you?
    If not, maybe you and others can start one up?
    The world is nothing without creative people.
    Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

bagels wrote: »
    Hi,
    It isn't easy to put your creation out there in public so fair play to you.
    I like it.
    Where i live (Tuam) people come together once a month to enjoy each others creations, be it songs, poetry, etc.
    Link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/119917511364500/
    Perhaps there's something similar near you?
    If not, maybe you and others can start one up?
    The world is nothing without creative people.
    Keep up the good work.

Hey Bagels,

I'll check out that link later but blocked at the mo - I actually spend my life between Dublin, Galway City and my hometown of Ballindine so this Tuam meet-up sounds interesting. Just wondering what day of the week it takes place on?

Last thursday of every month from 1 to 2pm in the library on high street, hope to see you there sometime

Hi, next soundbites session is 26 july 1pm tuam library
    if you're going let me know and i'll introduce you

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Hi! We have set up a songwriters Circle in Boyle - 3rd Wednesday of every month in Dodd's Bar on the Crescent. - 9pm - don't be late!

All comers welcome. There are plenty of people writing songs who don't have an audience, and we want to provide that audience.
    http://boylesongwriting.blogspot.ie/

If anyone is interested, you can contact me here aONEandaTWOanda@gmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement