Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working part time and claiming dole

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi just looking for some advice regarding working part time and claiming benefits. Sorry if its confusing

Im a 22 year old living at home and was working 3 days a week for the past 2 yrs this has now been cut down to 2 days, now when i was working the 3 days i didnt claim for the other days i worked because quite frankly i could survive on the wages i was getting but now my circumstances have changed and i really cant survive on the wages from 2 days a week

Am i entitled to anything since i never claimed when i was working 3 days a week or will that matter when trying to claim now?? And how much roughly am i entitled to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

you were entitled even when on 3 days so ya
    it's means tested as far a i know
    so i guess it depends on certain criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Hi just looking for some advice regarding working part time and claiming benefits. Sorry if its confusing

Im a 22 year old living at home and was working 3 days a week for the past 2 yrs this has now been cut down to 2 days, now when i was working the 3 days i didnt claim for the other days i worked because quite frankly i could survive on the wages i was getting but now my circumstances have changed and i really cant survive on the wages from 2 days a week

Am i entitled to anything since i never claimed when i was working 3 days a week or will that matter when trying to claim now?? And how much roughly am i entitled to?

Your parents income will be taken into account as well as the "benefit and privelge of living with your parents".

Look at citizensadvice - jobseeker allowance for more info.

Advertisement