Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare/Tipp FM.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

DT100 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0626/clare-fm-tipp-fm-to-form-unique-alliance.html

I wonder what happens to the CEO already at Tipp FM.........

TIPPed overboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tipp and Clare fm are two of the better regional radio stations, hopefully this cost cutting exercise will ensure their survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

DT100 wrote: »
    She's leaving to start her own consultancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Tipp and Clare fm are two of the better regional radio stations, hopefully this cost cutting exercise will ensure their survival.

I dont know much about Clare FM,but Tipp FM can be awful,starting with that guy in the morning.The Clare FM guy is going to be CEO of both,so hopefully he can make it sound decent

RadioRetro wrote: »
    She's leaving to start her own consultancy.
    Radio consultancy?I cant under stand a station always bragging about its listenership has to have outside intervention.I am led to believe the jlnrs are the advert agencies bible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Yep but station imaging consultants are ten a penny in the UK now and many Irish stations use UK or the small number of Irish ones nowadays. It's part of the reason so many stations sound similar.

Then there are also the programming consultants, who shape the playlist. I know of one station where the playlist had roughly a couple of thousand songs to choose from. Consultant arrives, does his/her work and Shazaam! the playlist is now around 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Thats because cutting the playlist size is a cheap little trick some consultants use which will increase figures in the short-term but damage the station in the long-term, after the consultant has got his fee+bonus and gone on his way.

However this is irrelevant in this thread as there is no suggestion that Tipp's CEO will be starting a RADIO consultancy. She is a very capable businesswoman and I imagine her skills will be valued among businesses other than radio.

A.

I wonder was it her choice to leave,or was the choice made for her? Could we see loss of presenters? Why would stations join like this if there wasnt a problem in the two stations.Will there be a sharing of programmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Any news on this?

Has there been any changes or sharing of resources?

The breakfast presenter finished on friday.Theres a thread on the Tipperary forum .

• Advertisement
Advertisement