Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford and Suir Valley Railway news thread

Options
  • 28-06-2012 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I thought I'd start a thread on the WSVR.
    We know since last year that they have had a new loco on order from Allan Keefe I think it was and over on their FB page it states that this has been brough into service. It looks very similar to the simplex except for the colour frigging purple.

I've been there many times and it's good to see progress being made on areas like the new engine ched which is now complete.

The Gracedieu - bilberry section has been connected for about 2 years or so at this stage but the trains don't run that far yet.

From walking the route near gracedieu i noticed that at a farm LC, one of the rails has buckled. It's been like this for a while now and it has had some attention but has not been repaired yet.
    Does anyone know what the status is with the Bilberry extension?

Advertisement