Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle to work, rode bike.

Options
  • 28-06-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

im looking at getting a new road bike with the aim to take up racing in the future

i had my eye on a cube agree but iv heard some bad things about it and got put off, so iv had a look at a few brands. trek,giant,specialized,bianchi,wilier and felt.

my price range is in and around 1500
    and want the best value for money

wilier's lzoard looks to be the best choice from what i can see

has anyone had a lzoard before ? how well do hey hold up any problems with them?

any other suggestions as to bikes to look at in and around the price range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

I just bought myself a Trek 2.1 today. price was 1350 but i got for 1100, got a bit of a deal for myself :D
    Excellent bike, very light and perfectly fine for racing in the future.
    http://www.podiumcycling.com/cycling-jerseys/2012-trek-21-review

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bryy

looks good was having a look at it the other day, and i know they use the highest grade carbon fiber for there frames witch is a good selling point but i am just not that sold on it. and the lzoard is only 150 euro more and its a nice monocoque carbon frame.

bryy wrote: »
    looks good was having a look at it the other day, and i know they use the highest grade carbon fiber for there frames witch is a good selling point but i am just not that sold on it. and the lzoard is only 150 euro more and its a nice monocoque carbon frame.

could you put up a link please to the exact model your talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bryy

looks the biz alright but the general consensus seems to be NOT to buy a bike based on the frame alone but rather the ride it offers you..If i was you, i'd head to your local shop and see if you can get a test on each bike previously mentioned and take it from there..
    its not much help but i wouldnt want to steer you either way incase you end up regretting it - after all when you spending that much money on something you want to make sure its right for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement