Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] BF3 + eyefinity

Options
  • 27-06-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the game running Eyefinity?
    Finally got an adapter to let me do this tonight when I get home.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks/guides they can give me.

7870 with 3x1920*1200 monitors.

not expecting ultra but should be able to get a decent output from them. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You're going to struggle with one 7870 running 5870x1200...
    They get maybe 70-80fps at 1920x1200 @ high so it'll be interesting to see what you get..

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

This depends on the vram of your 7870. If you have a 3GB/4GB card you will be ok, maybe not 60fps though. You want at least 60fps if your using 60hz monitors. If they are 120hz monitors you want 120fps!

Mind you, you will still get roflstomped by most good players as your field of view will be wayyyy too wide and you will have to setup your mouse completely.
    Games like BF3 are best on one high quality monitor. Leave eyefinity to MMORPGS etc if you want to post good scores ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

averaging 45 fps depending on settings @ 5760x1200 60hz

settings - i have feck all clue as to which of these i actually need so advice is cool. :)

texture/shadow/effects/mesh/terrain/terrain = ultra
    aa deferred off
    aa post off
    blur off
    filter 1x
    ambient off

V-Sync off
    FoV 70

edit: not so concerned with being the best. i just enjoy playing it from time to time. :)

messing with the settings to see how high i can get the fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

jabberwock wrote: »
    averaging 45 fps depending on settings @ 5760x1200 60hz

settings - i have feck all clue as to which of these i actually need so advice is cool. :)

texture/shadow/effects/mesh/terrain/terrain = ultra
    aa deferred off
    aa post off
    blur off
    filter 1x
    ambient off

V-Sync off
    FoV 70

edit: not so concerned with being the best. i just enjoy playing it from time to time. :)

messing with the settings to see how high i can get the fps.

Bring them down until you get 60fps and dont dip below and turn up your brightness too. Keep Mesh at high for vehicles ;)
    Set your mouse sensitivity so that you aim/look at the angle where you poin the mouse at the screens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

turn up the fov too. it shouldn't really affect the fps. I use 90, but I'm at 2560*1440p.

the 7870 is a 2gb card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Got it to 55 last night with pretty much the same set up above but high instead of ultra and aa post at 1 (iirc)

going to drag down some more to medium and see where that leaves me.

looking into the FOV I'm not sure I want to go too much more. The FoV number is vertical and using the BFBC2 calc 70 in it would give me 102 horizontal. 90 would be 120 which ends up being very messy looking on the far edges of the 2 side screens.

Weekend starts tonight so will give it some more and try out portrait setups as well.

BFBC2.gif shows the difference in FOV changes

Advertisement