Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delay in getting rent allowance

Options
  • 27-06-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i usually get rent allowance around the 24th of the month , so far this month i havent recieved it, is rent allowance paid through ulster bank to my own bank aib ?? could that be the reason for the delay - im based in maynooth and am wondering what the delay is as my land lord is looking for the money...any help would be apprecieated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It's not paid from Ulster Bank. Ulster Bank is owned by an English parent bank and I very much doubt the Irish state would make rent allowance payments through it. The state owns AIB, an Post and other banking institutions so it'd be easier for the state to use one of them. I remember once seeing a state check as coming from Bank of Ireland for example.

You should probably go to your CWO, explain the situation and see what they say.

You don't need to discuss the Ulster Bank situation because that's very unlikely to be why your money wouldn't have been paid to your AIB account. If it was, the person you talk to will probably tell you.

Advertisement