Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with a social welfare supervisor??

Options
  • 27-06-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I've been on jobseekers benefit for the first ever since Feb of this year. I couldn't make my national employment plan thing and sent them an email saying i couldn't attend at the time they gave me but could attend anytime the following week.

I received a email back saying thanks for letting them know I couldn't make it and that they couldn't arrange an further appointment the following week as places are booked weeks in advance. But the email went on to say that i would get a letter in 2-3weeks requesting me to attend my local social welfare office to meet with a supervisor.

Anyone ever get something along those lines? I've spoken to friends who think its an interview to see what jobs I've been applying for and discuss my options but I'm worried now....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Hello Everyone,

I've been on jobseekers benefit for the first ever since Feb of this year. I couldn't make my national employment plan thing and sent them an email saying i couldn't attend at the time they gave me but could attend anytime the following week.

I received a email back saying thanks for letting them know I couldn't make it and that they couldn't arrange an further appointment the following week as places are booked weeks in advance. But the email went on to say that i would get a letter in 2-3weeks requesting me to attend my local social welfare office to meet with a supervisor.

Anyone ever get something along those lines? I've spoken to friends who think its an interview to see what jobs I've been applying for and discuss my options but I'm worried now....

You will be asked why you could not attend your NEAP appointment... when you emailed did you say why you could not attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

You probably have to go in and explain why you couldn't attend and what you are doing in terms of looking for employment or finding a course to go on.
    Don't know if it applies everywhere but I've found my local office will accept printed sent emails as most places don't reply anymore just to turn you down. If you have any proof you should bring it with you just in case you need it.

Advertisement