Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm Hayes moves 9-Midday

Options
  • 27-06-2012 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

From next Monday Tubridy is taking a month off so Colm hayes will be on from 9 till midday and larry Gogan will be on 12 till 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KeithM8g

Link?

The RTE GUIDE with miriam on the cover

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Not surprising - I can't listen to either Tubridy or Hayes. I used to love Colm & Jim Jim and now when I hear Colm Hayes I can't believe they were ever a partnership - not to mention that I was a fan!
    The only good thing here is an extra hour of Larry and his "golden oldies"! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I wouldn't be surprised if this marks the end of Ryan's tenure at 2fm. Especially with his work across the Irish Sea, and RTE's current cost-cutting.

This Friday's show could be a very interesting listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Since the death of Gerry Ryan 2Fm is a sinking ship.Close it down and reduce the TV tax the population has to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Oh god.
    "its what you want to talk about, its what we want to talk about".

Still, he's better than Ray and that boring parachute man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Hayes has lost even more listeners than Tubridy. The next lot of JNLR figures are going to be really bad and that new exploding phones ad on TV isn't going to help any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

todolist wrote: »
    Since the death of Gerry Ryan 2Fm is a sinking ship.Close it down and reduce the TV tax the population has to pay.

2FM was sinking long before gerry's death. They are seriously making a dogs dinner of it though. Because of how its financed it doesnt exist in the same commercial world as regular commercial stations and so bad habits arent punished as they would be in a normal commercial environment. They should follow the model of radio 1 in the UK, have wall to wall music, ditch the chat and ditch the dinosaurs: tubs, hayes, fanning, gogan, john clarke and focus on a target audience of 18 - 35. Gerry ryan's passing has opened the door to removing talk radio from 2fm , they should have seized the opportunity instead of moving tubs from radio 1, which has been shown to be a poorly thought out idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

heybaby wrote: »
    2FM was sinking long before gerry's death. They are seriously making a dogs dinner of it though. Because of how its financed it doesnt exist in the same commercial world as regular commercial stations and so bad habits arent punished as they would be in a normal commercial environment. They should follow the model of radio 1 in the UK, have wall to wall music, ditch the chat and ditch the dinosaurs: tubs, hayes, fanning, gogan, john clarke and focus on a target audience of 18 - 35. Gerry ryan's passing has opened the door to removing talk radio from 2fm , they should have seized the opportunity instead of moving tubs from radio 1, which has been shown to be a poorly thought out idea.

Theres enough feckin 'youth' based radio stations out there, I would prefer something more like BBC Radio2 or 6 music.

I dont think I could handle another station playing mindless chart rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

heybaby wrote: »
    shockwave wrote: »
    Theres enough feckin 'youth' based radio stations out there, I would prefer something more like BBC Radio2 or 6 music.

I dont think I could handle another station playing mindless chart rubbish.

Surely 2FM won't move in the youth direction. If someone aged between 15-25 wants to listen to the radio, they will probably listen to either BBC Radio 1, SPIN or Capital FM. Also, regarding the comment about R1, they are not wall-to-wall music. They play fantastic music and have excellent presenters like Chris Moyles, Scott Mills, Annie Mac etc. 2FM would have to remove nearly all of its presenters from the schedule and have an overhaul of its playlist, which seems unrealistic to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

MJ23 wrote: »
    Oh god.
    "its what you want to talk about, its what we want to talk about".

Still, he's better than Ray and that boring parachute man.

Parachute man.:D

That made me lol, thanks. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That exploding phones ad is terrible. A man of his age in denim jeans, does he not realise how ridiculous it looks?
    Thank god he has stopped playing that Green Cape song.
    If he'd only stop saying 'bobeye bobeye' at the end of every phone conversation, it would be alright. I find myself now saying it along with him every time.
    Bobeye bobeye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Surely 2FM won't move in the youth direction. If someone aged between 15-25 wants to listen to the radio, they will probably listen to either BBC Radio 1, SPIN or Capital FM. Also, regarding the comment about R1, they are not wall-to-wall music. They play fantastic music and have excellent presenters like Chris Moyles, Scott Mills, Annie Mac etc. 2FM would have to remove nearly all of its presenters from the schedule and have an overhaul of its playlist, which seems unrealistic to me.

Obviously i dont mean literally wall to wall music, but radio 1 would be deemd to be a music station, 2fm is quite plainly not a music station in the same sense. The reason I suggest they opt for a younger profile is to provide a music station for that 18 -35 demographic that broadcasts nationally and isnt quasi national like spin. 2FM needs an identity, its older sister rte radio 1 quite clearly has one, but 2fm would want to get their act together pretty fast. I would keep rick o shea and jenny greene the rest would have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Colm Colm is on nine to twelve on the morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

First topic of the Colm hayes era is Scientology. And poor Colm knows nothing about it the poor devil so he needs you to call, text or email the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Doodah7

MJ23 wrote: »
    A man of his age in denim jeans, does he not realise how ridiculous it looks?

The only response to that is :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

2FM has been going down the swanee for years and was only really noticed after the demise of Gerry Ryan, that showed how much 2FM revolved around one man and not much else. Now Today FM are ranked No.2 behind RTE Radio 1.

There has been way too many re-jiggings of schedules and personnel, not to mention formats reflected by their shifting target demographics.

The original purpose of setting up 2FM (much like BBC R1) was to provide music for young people who were tuning to the pirates in their droves because the national broadcaster would not play much chart music, and successive governments wanted to protect RTE's stranglehold on the airwaves here. Those days are well and truly gone and now 2FM is a station without a purpose or role...the truth is the station has served the young people well in the absense of local and regional pop stations. I remember well the first half on 1989 when all that was on FM was RTE and nothing else! It's had a good innings but now it's time to close it altogether or maybe replace it with a decent Jazz station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

2FM move Colm Hayes to 9-12 while they are running TV spots advertising his show as running from 11-1.

Great timing, 2FM :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roaming

How it drives me mad when I hear Colm Hayes voice. He is a waste of space and talks way too much about football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I basically stopped listening to 2FM after GR died, and I certainly wouldn't miss it if it were to fold up. I suspect I'm not alone in either of those two things. When the "Ryanline was open" and at the peak of its popularity 2FM probably was operating at a profit, but I'd like to see equivalent figures for the post-Ryan, post Celtic Tiger era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Colm is not the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah the ma listens to 2fm in the morning and i was fully expecting to hear turbridy.

was pleasently surprised not to hear him :D

Advertisement