Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements for training & recovery

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

(Wasn't sure whether I should put this in the health and fitness section but I'm specifically looking for guidelines from people who train in MMA)

I've recently ran out of my BSN Synthia 6 and I'm looking to get more protein and recovery supplements to help with my training (4-5 times a week).

I'm not looking to gain any additional muscle or weight just want to be as fresh for training as possible.

Just wondering what brands and types of recovery supplements people have used and found to be the most effective???

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Supplement wise I use gaspari myofusion,fish oils ,glutamine and glucosamine :D All because I want to be big and strong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

Rob01 wrote: »
    (Wasn't sure whether I should put this in the health and fitness section but I'm specifically looking for guidelines from people who train in MMA)

I've recently ran out of my BSN Synthia 6 and I'm looking to get more protein and recovery supplements to help with my training (4-5 times a week).

I'm not looking to gain any additional muscle or weight just want to be as fresh for training as possible.

Just wondering what brands and types of recovery supplements people have used and found to be the most effective???

Thanks

I hav a protein shake in the morning and after training a recovery shake, 30 grams of whey with 60 grams of dextrose and 5 grams of creatine, I get the dextrose in tesco, at the moment iam using usn whey and creatine. Other brand I use for whey are ON, kinetica, gaspari, I also take 10 grams of omega 3 throughout the day

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rob01 wrote: »
    That's a good/ Syntha 6 isn't very good. I wouldn't even consider it "protein".

Far better off getting good quality whey so you are not paying for carbs/sugar/filler.

I try to get protein from whole food. But if i want to up a days intake or I am pressed for time, I have some whey. MyProtein Impact Whey blend at the minute. I was adding creatine but not right now. It can be good to add some something like dextrose to a post work out shake, RNC has the right idea buy getting it for cheap n tesco and no paying BSN extra to include it in a tub at the expense of protein.

Also Fish oil tabs daily. And sometimes a pre-workout sup like Jack3d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I take pure whey protein after all training (MMA, BJJ & cycling) plus I also take cod liver oil, MSM, Glucostamine & Calcium/Magnesium on a daily basis.

I use myprotein.com - very reasonable prices and some great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

I went with myprotein.com, very reasonable prices.

Picked up Dextrose, Impact Whey Protein & Creatine Monohydrate.
    Already have the fish oils and glucosamine.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement