Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM recoil shock mags.

Options
  • 27-06-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows where to pick up Tokio marui recoil shock mags for the scar, it takes the same as the m4 version, in ireland preferably, i only want the 82 round rounds thats make the gun cease fire aftere the last round. Much thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

You won't find any Irish shops stocking them without a special order. I bought mine in from either the Asian shops or from fire support in the UK. There is another option though, I think ebairsoft were doing a clone of the sopmod mag a while back, probably still there too. Not sure what color your scar is (great choice by the way!) but I've yet to see tan mags freely available for the next gen guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tudenham10 wrote: »
    You won't find any Irish shops stocking them without a special order. I bought mine in from either the Asian shops or from fire support in the UK. There is another option though, I think ebairsoft were doing a clone of the sopmod mag a while back, probably still there too. Not sure what color your scar is (great choice by the way!) but I've yet to see tan mags freely available for the next gen guns.

Do you have a link for these new "recoil" TM's I'm hearing about.

I remember the when the SOPMOD came out and I thought it was the next big thing and was going to get one, until I realised they were a steaming pile of ****e.

A Scar sounds interesting, but if its anything like the SOPMOD then I'll pass

Actually just found a link.

€600, is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The rifles are very nice and the blow back and recoil is actually rather good for an electric, but as you say the price is high for a number of reasons.

As we all know the TM products are aimed firmly at the home market for this company (although this is changing a little) and they do not actually export them outside the country themselves, other company buy the products and then wholesale them abroad so the cost starts going up from an already high point due to exchange rate and high production cost.

I've come across both the sopmod,scar and ak74m and they're your typical high quality that you expect from TM and just run and run and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

www.eagle6.co.uk

have a nosey here, battleaxe mags for £14 in there online shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nogie11

tudenham10 wrote: »

Yea nice one, ill have a wee look, just bought one but only comes with the one mag, and they had none in stock, can i ask if you have one and if so what are your thoughts on them??

Puding wrote: »
    The rifles are very nice and the blow back and recoil is actually rather good for an electric, but as you say the price is high for a number of reasons.

As we all know the TM products are aimed firmly at the home market for this company (although this is changing a little) and they do not actually export them outside the country themselves, other company buy the products and then wholesale them abroad so the cost starts going up from an already high point due to exchange rate and high production cost.

I've come across both the sopmod,scar and ak74m and they're your typical high quality that you expect from TM and just run and run and run.

I'm now more interested in this Scar, but as said above I had a fondle of the SOPMOD on release and didn't think much of it. Seemed to be rather rattly and poorly put together ( the front end wobble was on par with AGM Gas m4's) although I didnt get to check performance outside

If I'm buying a new rifle and especially for that money I'd want something easily outperforming anything else.

I dont buy into the ****e of paying big money for a gun that performs the same as all the rest anymore, its a poor model airsoft has got comfortable with, just churning out new externals and compositions of parts without actually advancing technology.

i would agree, the sopmod was also the first of this line and I have to say the ak and the scars are a lot more solid, I've been tempted by the ak74m a few times but can not bring myself to buy all new mags for it

nogie11 wrote: »
    Yea nice one, ill have a wee look, just bought one but only comes with the one mag, and they had none in stock, can i ask if you have one and if so what are your thoughts on them??

"Only" had the sopmod myself, a cracking rifle but the batteries are pants, but always liked the look of the reciprocating charging handle on on the scar. Plus it's a Marui, so it's bound to be cracking out of the box!

the unique battery are a pain but i've seen a lot of tutorials about converting them to standard lipos

• Advertisement

True, I've since traded it on but I think the current owner has done just that. That's another big advantage of every other model of recoil shock that TM has brought out since the sopmod in that they can use lipos with no messing about.

Just as a further note to the OP, I've used eagle6 myself for bits and pieces and I've found him to be ok, bit over priced though in my opinion, but if you do decide to go that route for your extra mags you'll be avoiding all the usual malarkey with customs.

Advertisement