Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TodayFMs sports readers false excitement

Options
  • 27-06-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,263 ✭✭✭✭

So its now the turn of Wimbledon to take the lead item in every single sports report.

Gotta cringe at the way they try to sound really excited about some Russian beating some Korean, don't they know that Ireland doesn't care for tennis?

But at least they can get a couple of days break when the Irish Open starts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Well when these guys are doing their "research" (ie: copy/paste the reuters/bbc feeds) tennis will be close to or at the top.

Having said that, plenty of Irish love tennis & in particular Wimbledon, me included!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

NIMAN wrote: »
    So its now the turn of Wimbledon to take the lead item in every single sports report.

Gotta cringe at the way they try to sound really excited about some Russian beating some Korean, don't they know that Ireland doesn't care for tennis?

I disagree. There are plenty of people who want to hear the Wimbledon scores.

And there is very little other live Sport on during the midweek day times at the moment. They can only report what is happening.

Better to report on the big events rather than endless idle football transfer speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

You don't like tennis so therefore Ireland doesn't like tennis?

There seems to be a lot of useless tennis clubs around the country, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

TodayFMs sports readers false excitement

Just wanted to highlight them two words for you there. You might have noticed they don't call it the Today FM football report. Tennis is a great sport and one which many people in Ireland would have a big interest in. You might want to take a look at last years mens final. One of the greatest ever sporting performances by both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭GSF

reprazant wrote: »
    You don't like tennis so therefore Ireland doesn't like tennis?

There seems to be a lot of useless tennis clubs around the country, in that case.
    No tennis section in the boards Sports section though (and they even have a table tennis folder) :eek:

• Advertisement

GSF wrote: »
    No tennis section in the boards Sports section though (and they even have a table tennis folder) :eek:

It is under 'Racquet Sports' here for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Except for the Racquet Sports section... I love a bit of Wimbeldon.

Actually, men's tennis is genuinely amazing at the moment. I'm not a massive fan but some of the finals between Djokovic and Nadal have been fantastic. You should check it out OP, you might like it!

Now where are my strawberries and cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭GSF

Skid wrote: »
    It is under 'Racquet Sports' here for some reason.

Searched for it many times & never knew it existed. ;) Seems odd not to just call it tennis. Or order everything by balls, bats, racquets, etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,263 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, hit a few nerves there, didn't realise it was so popular here.

I'm outta here before I get roasted.

Searched for it many times & never knew it existed. ;) Seems odd not to just call it tennis. Or order everything by balls, bats, racquets, etc :D

Yeah, It would be like putting Hurling, Golf, Hockey and Snooker in a forum called 'Stick Sports' :)

Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Skid wrote: »
    Yeah, It would be like putting Hurling, Golf, Hockey and Snooker in a forum called 'Stick Sports' :)

Ah well.

lol Skid! :D

Advertisement