Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing in to Netflix activates my deactivated Facebook account :-(

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    I deactivated my facebook a few months ago for procrastination reasons. A lot of my work is computer based and don't need the distractions at the moment. I will reactivate at some point from now because I have a lot of friends from the past that it's my only link to, also a lot of history about me so anyone who reccommends to delete it permanently, keep your advice to yourself please ;).

Anyway, have a Netflix on my PS3, pretty much all I use the PS3 for at the moment but every now and again, it asks me to log in again. I usually don't have to, just logs me straight in but sometimes it comes up with my username and password already entered and all I have to do is click okay. When I then check my email, I get a 'Welcome Back to Facebook' email from facebook. Seems whenever I have to log in, it takes it as logging into facebook which is all it takes to reactivate your account.

This has happened twice now in two months and it's really annoying me. I've gone into my facebook apps each time it's logged me in and deleted all apps netflix related or otherwise, but sure enough after a while I'll have to log in again on my PS3, which in turn activates my facebook, I have to go back on, delete all the apps that have magically reappeared and deactivate it again :mad:.

Sometimes, if I see that it wants me to enter my details again, I'll turn it off and come back in an hour and I'll be automatically logged in without me having to confirm, thus no facebook. Anyone have this happen before? What can I do to permanently severe my ties with facebook from Netflix. It's very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Did you sign up to Netflix with your Facebook account? If so you may need to sign up to Netflix again. Otherwise, have you put your Facebook account details into PS3? Try deleting them perhaps.

My mate used have Netflix on ps3 push posts to his Facebook. Not sure how this works or what he did to disable it, but your problems may stem from there.

Check out paragraph 3 under social media here on the Netflix website. Could be the solution.

https://signup.netflix.com/TermsOfUse#socialmedia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I did sign up with my facebook, but deleted all the apps associated with it. think I got it to work last night and changed all my passwords, maybe that might help? My passwords were the same for netflix and facebook. Damn you facebook, let me go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's the worst feature on netflix, really annoying.

Advertisement