Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Leak - Ferroli - Advise Needed Please

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Looking for some info on cost or a problem with a "water leak" with a Ferroli New Elite 60F24.

The gas boiler heats the water and radiators in the appartment.
    The problem was noticed when the hot water was no longer heating up.
    There was a small leak noticed leaking down near the valve on at the bottom of the system (possibly coming from inside).

Boiler maintenance guy came out and turned the system off and said that the leak had got into the system and it "could be expensive". According to this guy this type of system is not popular and locating the part could be hard.

He could not give her a ball park figure for the cost of repairing the boiler.

I realise this info. may be limited but I have not seen the system myself and working off limited details myself until I speak to this guy myself and get more details.

In the meantime if anyone can help, point me in the right direction of the problem or confirm this could be "expensive" i would very much appreciate it.

I'm just a bit wary of not being able to get a price for this in over 24hrs and don't want to see someone being ripped off.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement