Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

240d for sale

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I was trying to check this car can anyone check the year please one of the sites said it was a 1990s car!Is it possible to register this car if it has no documentation?
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3539769

Thanks for the help guys,
    Jerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

You could be liable for back VRT on that car. The chassis number will give you the year. This model was last made in 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

jerryg wrote: »
    I was trying to check this car can anyone check the year please one of the sites said it was a 1990s car!Is it possible to register this car if it has no documentation?
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3539769

Thanks for the help guys,
    Jerry

For ENZ 9133, year 1980 but from what i gather it was registered first in the UK in 1999 so it may have been imported into the uk on that date or maybe it was on a private reg up until that date . If in doubt a hpi check should tell you everything you need to know.
    Vehicle Identification

Manufacturer: Mercedes
    Model: Not available
    Year: 1980
    Colour: Green
    Fuel Type: Heavy Oil
    Engine Size (CC): 2400
    VIN: Not available
    V5C Issued: Not available

Tax

Tax Status: Unlicensed
    Expiry Date: 16/07/2009
    Registration Date: 16/10/1999
    6 Month Cost: £121.00
    12 Month Cost: £220.00

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Thanks for your replies,Its a long way to Tipperary to find out you only have a spares car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

w124man wrote: »
    You could be liable for back VRT on that car. The chassis number will give you the year. This model was last made in 1985

If you have friends or relatives in the north or uk you can put the car in their name for the 3 years to solve that . The same as the tax office asking you to write out a purchase receipt to tax a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

DVLA NI should be able to issue V5(?) . I bought a Range Rover a chap had left behind here, sent email to DVLA UK and they issued 'export cert' in my name and address to give to the NCTS for import/taxation here:cool:

Saw a '00' E class for sale on Naas Rd, but checking the chassis no. it was close to my old 97 E class I had at the time. Checked with my local Merc dealer, turned out the car had been for sale here new in 97 but was unsold when later 99 upgraded models showed up, was shipped off unregistered to UK where it remained unsold until 00, THEN it arrived back in Ireland where it was issued with 00 plate as that was the 'date of first registration' that appeared in the log book

• Advertisement
Advertisement