Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retaining secondary benefits while doing FAS course?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if while doing a full time FAS training course are you allowed to retain secondary benefits i.e. medical card and rent supplement?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

yes, but if you've been on reduced JSA rate before starting the course, you will get more money and get your RA reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Thanks for the reply. I'm not on a reduced payment at the moment.

I'd advise you to go to the CW officer and tell them about the course, if you don't do it they will stop the payment. And in a week or so you will get the info about the RA being reduced

I already rang CWO last week, her answer of course was not straight forward as usual. I won't be able to stop the payment from being stopped, I know this much because as soon as I sign off they will be informed from SW and my payment will be halted until I hand in paperwork from FAS. I can't hand in paperwork from FAS until the course actually starts. So I guess I will find out after the course has actually started :rolleyes:

ah yeah, that what happened to me. they stopped the payment for few days,I though you could save yourself some time by letting them know in advance,seems it's not the case

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ah yeah, that what happened to me. they stopped the payment for few days,I though you could save yourself some time by letting them know in advance,seems it's not the case

That was my thinking and hoping on the matter but apparently not. Its good to know that you did retain your payment though, I know there will probably be a reduction, but I just was hoping it wouldn't be swiped altogether. In fairness the CWO could have said as much but of course the answer had to be about as far around the bush as you can get.

Advertisement