Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a sniper

Options
  • 25-06-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Would anyone have any helpful advice for the following ?

I've never had an airsoft of any discription before , but have wanted to get some sort of sniper rifle for years , and now I'm ready to buy one .
    Just for hitting cans , target practice etc.

On another site an L96 was suggested as a good starter gun , is that correct ?
    and would I be better off with an electric , gas or bolt action ?

I don't need any more then one shot at a time .

many thanks for any advice .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Moved from adverts - better chance of a reply here.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

many thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭goblin59

VSR-10's are great. Theres so many upgrade options and parts available for them.

If your just shooting cans though, get something you like the look of.
    The marui L96 is great as its very realistic with magazine placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

thanks for that . I'm getting somewhere now ..

I found 2 in Ireland ;

There's a big price difference between the 2 following models ;

would there be a MASSIVE difference quality wise ? does anyone have either of these guns ? and has anyone dealt with these sellers ? what are they like for backup parts etc. ?

http://www.justbbguns.ie/product/49/BB-Guns/123/Black-Rifles/469/VSR11-SNIPER

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=847&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

mikemike wrote: »
    thanks for that . I'm getting somewhere now ..

I found 2 in Ireland ;

There's a big price difference between the 2 following models ;

would there be a MASSIVE difference quality wise ? does anyone have either of these guns ? and has anyone dealt with these sellers ? what are they like for backup parts etc. ?

http://www.justbbguns.ie/product/49/BB-Guns/123/Black-Rifles/469/VSR11-SNIPER

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=847&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

The Tokyo Marui VSR-10 (the one in Airsoft Eire) is probably one of the best spring sniper rifles on the market. It's probably a bit extreme if you are only going to be target shooting and not out skirmishing.

I've no idea about the other one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

like said the price difference is due to difference in manufacturers.. as for this price difference, yes you would notice a difference in quality. the cheaper one is a China one and the other one is a Tokyo Marui sniper rifle, but if you're only going to be using it for plinking than the cheaper on would probably do you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭goblin59

the one from airsofteire is as mentioned above, one of the best sniper rifles on the market out there.
    Its highly upgradeable and takes lots of aftermarket up grades.

The one from justbbguns will result in you getting turned away at sites and a possible visit from the guards if they catch you with it as according to the website its 21fps over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

goblin59 wrote: »
    the one from airsofteire is as mentioned above, one of the best sniper rifles on the market out there.
    Its highly upgradeable and takes lots of aftermarket up grades.

The one from justbbguns will result in you getting turned away at sites and a possible visit from the guards if they catch you with it as according to the website its 21fps over the limit.

i didn't even notice that, had a quick look through a lot of their airsoft gear seems to be over the limit :confused:

Advertisement