Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo on side

Options
  • 26-06-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

guys thinking of getting a tattoo done i wanted it on my cheast above my heart but i spoke to the artist and he said becaue ofwhat i want done that it wouldnt look great because of the curve of the body around the upper chest.

so I'm thinking maybe on my side at the rib cage then down toward the hip, the question is I'm not the skinniest bloke in the world but I'm working on it. and there in lies my question, If i loose weight on my stomach would it cause the tattoo to go out of proportion? would i be better looking at a different part of my body like shoulder blade etc where the skin/body shape is less enclined to change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Honestly OP don't overthink it, get it where-ever you want it, it's your body. An Internet forum isn't the best place for advice on placement, it's completely your call. That said, millions of people have been tattooed around the heart area and it's never been an issue, I'm getting inked there thursday myself. What is the tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thurman

something similiar to this http://www.designtattoo.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dream-catcher-tattoo-design.jpg but i want to move the middle feather down lower as if ther were attached to a piece of string so they hang from the wheel instead of being attached to it.

but I dont want it dead centre of my chest/sternum either which the artist suggested but I want it on my left hand side of my chest so the bottom of the feathers to the side of the wheel would more or less end end just above the nipple or to he side of the nipple if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't see why there would be any issue with it on your chest tbh.

Basically he said that the part I want dropping down would drop down below the nipple and would look like it wasn't straight because of the curve of the body with the pectorial muscle. Three artists in three studios have said this

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And if you get it on your side, it'll be curved round. You have to decide which you would prefer.

• Advertisement

That's true. Decisions decisions eh,

Advertisement