Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 26-06-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I want my boyfriend to either to stop drinking or drink less he dosnt think he has but I think he does he can't go a couple days without a few
    I worry about his health now and in future what ways can I help to stop or cut down his drinking or should I leave it up to himself his 34 I just think there is more to life
    We have just bought a house so it's not like we can split up or walk away now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

cazzak79 wrote: »
    I want my boyfriend to either to stop drinking or drink less he dosnt think he has but I think he does he can't go a couple days without a few
    I worry about his health now and in future what ways can I help to stop or cut down his drinking or should I leave it up to himself his 34 I just think there is more to life
    We have just bought a house so it's not like we can split up or walk away now

was he drinking before ye bought house together or is he after starting you cant tell him to stop he has to want to stop himself. you have an idea in your head about playing happy family's now but he might think it is perfectly normal to go for a few pints, you should have discussed this issue before you bought house together, but we all make mistakes, look my advise is don't nag him take up a few hobbies together a few nice meals in and out and make it worth his while to spend the evening with you and not the pub, hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

He has to want to give up the drink if it's actually going to happen, so why don't you discuss the harm of drinking with him? Or better yet, provide an alternative. You're a couple, I'm sure you can think of something!

Advertisement