Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job seeker's benefit 5 day week?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I'm on BTEA but changing to job seekers for the summer months. I work part time usually fri-sun. I previously was on jobseekers working the same 3 day week and would get 4 days pay from social welfare.
    According to the new system that comes into place in July. this is all being changed, and is now based on a 5 day week instead of the previous 6 day week system.
    My question is will I still get 4 days from social welfare or if Sunday is now counted as a day I could switch that day in work?
    Could I work 4 days if one of them was a sunday?
    Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

Hi I'm on BTEA but changing to job seekers for the summer months. I work part time usually fri-sun. I previously was on jobseekers working the same 3 day week and would get 4 days pay from social welfare.
    According to the new system that comes into place in July. this is all being changed, and is now based on a 5 day week instead of the previous 6 day week system.
    My question is will I still get 4 days from social welfare or if Sunday is now counted as a day I could switch that day in work?
    Could I work 4 days if one of them was a sunday?
    Thanks!! :)

It depends, are you on Benefit or Allowance? If you are on allowance, it will continue to be calculated at the rate you were getting before. If it is benefit, you will receive 3/5's of your weekly payment instead.

Advertisement