Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text / Script Tattoo difficulties

Options
  • 26-06-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I've been looking to get some script done (think elvish lord of the ringsy type style) but have been advised by the tattoo artist to avoid it as it would eventually become mottled and lose clarity etc.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I've been looking to get some script done (think elvish lord of the ringsy type style) but have been advised by the tattoo artist to avoid it as it would eventually become mottled and lose clarity etc.

Any advice?
    I'm pretty sure a bunch of the actors got together after filming the movies and had Elvish tattoos done as a reminder of the experience. Also I'm sure google images will show up em aswell,fans of the films no douth followed suit. Don't take the word of one artist, have a look around and talk to a few. If you get it big enough and it's done by a top artist it'll hold up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

As long as you get it big enough it shouldn't be a problem. Doing any kind of script/text too small as a tattoo will result in it being unreadable after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

As long as you get it big enough it shouldn't be a problem. Doing any kind of script/text too small as a tattoo will result in it being unreadable after a few years.

This was the issue and my resulting question, although a horribly general question, how small is too small?

Advertisement