Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG Season 2 blu ray to include 20 minutes of extended footage for Measure of a Man

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Just thought id share this for those interested in the TNG blu ray box sets coming our way soon...

Its stuff like this that makes me super excited to see TNG arrive on blu ray! Looking forward to the first season next month, but im actually now more looking forward to seeing season two for 'Q Who' but also this extended courtroom scene of Measure of a man.

Makes you wonder what else they have in store for us in the other 5 seasons :D:D

http://trekmovie.com/2012/06/25/writer-star-trek-tng-s2-blu-ray-to-include-extended-measure-of-a-man/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It might include it, the episode was sent back because it was 20 minutes longer.
    I really do hope though that the 20 minutes or even some of it is released on the Blu-Ray release, that episode was really good, seeing more of Picard and Riker trying to prove opposite points about Data would be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Measure of a Man, Q Who, Contagian, Peak Performance are the only episodes worth watching imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Measure of a Man, Q Who, Contagian, Peak Performance are the only episodes worth watching imo.

Where Silence Has Lease
    The Schizoid Man
    A Matter Of Honour
    The Royale
    Time Squared

Are all well worth a watch, it's a massive improvement on season 1.

Jumping very far ahead here, I would love to see the two parter "Birthright".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Ah now! Can't be leaving out one of the best eps ever! > Cause and Effect

• Advertisement

Goldstein wrote: »
    Ah now! Can't be leaving out one of the best eps ever! > Cause and Effect

Ooo yes..., think I've just hit the issue with TNG Blu-Ray, everyone will be naming episodes and readers will only want it more. Crafty marketing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Didnt see the point in creating a new thread just for this.....

For those interested.. here is the season 2 Promo clip for TNG on blu ray Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIEUoM7nftA

Didnt see the point in creating a new thread just for this.....

For those interested.. here is the season 2 Promo clip for TNG on blu ray Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIEUoM7nftA

My god that looks incredible :eek:

The special at the end where the actors are reunited & talk about it...Michael Dorn is bald? Patrick Stewart hasn't aged a day? Marina Sirtis looks completely different I actually didn't recognise her! Frakes looks older than Stewart? Gates McFadden has definitely aged! Spiner is still the epitome of cool? Will Wheaton has a beard??

So many questions & more :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    My god that looks incredible :eek:

The special at the end where the actors are reunited & talk about it...Michael Dorn is bald? Patrick Stewart hasn't aged a day? Marina Sirtis looks completely different I actually didn't recognise her! Frakes looks older than Stewart? Gates McFadden has definitely aged! Spiner is still the epitome of cool? Will Wheaton has a beard??

So many questions & more :p

Yeah, Sirtis was almost unrecogniseable! Id say that get together will be a nice addition to the collection.

Lets just hope the extra 20 mins of 'Measure of a Man' will be included.

not to mention seeing 'Q Who' in high definition :D:D:D

Season 1 is on its way to me in the post from Amazon. I Cannot wait!

I would love it but not at that price, the season 2 peek makes me want it even more but I'll hold firm...for now.

• Advertisement

I would love it but not at that price, the season 2 peek makes me want it even more but I'll hold firm...for now.

I spent 67 odd euros on the first season. Ill admit they are a little pricey, but unfortunately for my wallet....I simply dont have the self control to wait.

Season 2 is rumoured to be out for Christmas so hopefully itll be under the tree Christmas morning :)

Same here, I'll wait until its priced by someone other than Quark.

That should be framed.

LOL!!!!

Yeah, he must have been in charge of pricing the original edition dvd box sets in the early noughties! I remember seeing the sets in town for over 100 euros per season!! :eek: It was the boom and all, but even still that was daylight robbery.

Just out of curiosity, I must go into town tomorrow and see how much HMV are charging for the season one blu ray...

LOL!!!!

Yeah, he must have been in charge of pricing the original edition dvd box sets in the early noughties! I remember seeing the sets in town for over 100 euros per season!! :eek: It was the boom and all, but even still that was daylight robbery.

Yep, I remember paying it for them too. Every. Single. One. TOS/TNG/DS9/ENT. I fell short with the animated series, but thats more an oddity.

I refuse to pay big coinage for something I already own. I'll happily wait until they're more affordable :)

Just out of curiosity, I must go into town tomorrow and see how much HMV are charging for the season one blu ray...

Report back here with the price, it might be interesting to get a best deal thing going for those unwilling to wait.

Report back here with the price, it might be interesting to get a best deal thing going for those unwilling to wait.

I will.

No doubt it will be priced far above most online retailer prices.

hmv.com currently selling it for 55 sterling.

Amazon 50.99 sterling.

I just know HMV on the highstreet will be priced far higher....

I will.

No doubt it will be priced far above most online retailer prices.

hmv.com currently selling it for 55 sterling.

Amazon 50.99 sterling.

I just know HMV on the highstreet will be priced far higher....

I bought the original movies Blu-Ray from HMV Cork and it was around the release dates, they weren't to much more expensive that I recall but they had a sale on at the time and I've never spent that amount of a collection since :rolleyes:

quite surprised, the set in store at hmv was only priced 2 euros higher than what I paid for in Amazon. 69.99! hmv are famous for overpricing items on first day release. a sign of the times i suppose!

quite surprised, the set in store at hmv was only priced 2 euros higher than what I paid for in Amazon. 69.99! hmv are famous for overpricing items on first day release. a sign of the times i suppose!

I will require serious amounts of willpower when passing HMV from now on.

• Advertisement

I will require serious amounts of willpower when passing HMV from now on.

you can blame it all on me if ya cave! lol

from tng.trekcore.com

Back in July when I had the pleasure of speaking to Mike and Denise Okuda, they advised that everyone at CBS were trying their hardest to make an extended cut of the season two classic "The Measure of a Man" possible (read the original interview here). Yesterday the team finally announced that all their hard work had paid off and "The Measure of a Man" is indeed being remastered to be presented as an extended cut. Furthermore, the team confirmed that the episode is being reconstructed as if it's a new episode and will be presented in full HD. Even more exciting is that CBS will be producing "a couple of new visual effects" for the extended footage to allow the new footage to be seemlessly integrated into the existing episode.
    CBS have also confirmed that both the extended version and the original "network" cut of the episode will be included in the Season 2 Blu-Ray boxset.

--
    upon first reading i was a little cautious to hear of them producing a couple of new effects to integrate extended and original footage, but purists will be able to watch the episode as originally aired too. so thats great news :D

id imagine whatever new effects they add in will be minimal and wont appear to stick out as 'new' or anything anyways.

No date on when its being released yet. oooh i hope its in time for christmas so i can watch it over my time off from college

Advertisement