Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scot Harrison

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Makes a comeback on friday night against Brahim Bariz not a great record win 20 lost 20 with 6 draws, recently lost french light title bout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

barney4001 wrote: »
    Makes a comeback on friday night against Brahim Bariz not a great record win 20 lost 20 with 6 draws, recently lost french light title bout

He was great around the time of the McCullough fight, he's a waste of time now and is very badly worn and aged in my opinion.

Hope he gets his act together and stays healthy.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

notasingle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Just saw Harrison's fight.

Obviously the opposition was nothing special, but... I was a hell of a lot more impressed than I thought I would be.
    He's in fantastic physical shape and obviously a little rusty, but he looked not unlike he did in the old days.
    I think if he can stay out of trouble and they keep him busy there are a few potential big domestic fights for him in maybe 6 months to a year's time - Ricky Burns, John Murray (drooling at the thought of that), Kevin Mitchell or Anthony Crolla. In all honesty, despite everything that's happened a fight against any of those could be great viewing.

Also have to say he's one of the hardest looking b*stards you'll ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A terrible opponent to gauge things against but he looks like he may have the potential to get back into British and European title (he never actually fought for the European) level. Not that he'd necessarily beat the likes of Crolla, Matthews etc but I'd like to see it.

Whatever about the others, I'd always fancy him against Matthews. He'd be just too strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

megadodge wrote: »
    Whatever about the others, I'd always fancy him against Matthews. He'd be just too strong.

Matthews is definitely more vulnerable than the rest, his punch resistance to both body and head is questionable and also it's possible for a smaller physically stronger opponent to push him around (such as Choi).
    However I do wonder how Harrison would handle a taller opponent (like the one tonight) who actually has a bit of power and the ability to hit Harrison clean as he comes forward.

It's worth keeping in mind that both of Harrison's setbacks in the ring, were at the hands of me who fit that description, Medina and Polo. It's hard to take things from a fighters first fight back, but one complaint you could make of Harrison tonight was how quickly he was able to close the distance, and that was against a fighter who didn't know how to use his jab, or his feet to keep that distance. I think he might struggle to land those body shots against an opponent who doesn't want Harrison right on top of him (i.e. almost everyone other than John Murray).

I'd be very excited to see a fight between Harrison and Matthews though, however right now my money would be on Matthews.

We'll have to disagree on that one then, as irrespective of how little we can tell from last night, I think Harrison's chin has never been an issue, which means to me at least, that once the first few rounds are over he'll really start closing the distance and I just can't see Matthews being able to hold him off for a full 12 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

i doubt if harrison will ever make 9 stones again he looked in great shape and must have been a daunting opponent for the barely 18 year old ,fair play to him for taking on the fight

Advertisement