Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open investigations

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Are these going on anymore? Is anyone organising anything? Havnt heard of an investigation in ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i could never understand the reasoning behind public or open investigations

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

maccored wrote: »
    i could never understand the reasoning behind public or open investigations

I do it for fun, meeting people, exploring castles. I'm very social.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i hate people, castles and fun. and the internet. I'll never, ever use the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Kilkenny Investigative Paranormal Society are holding 2 in Clonmantagh Castle on August 24th and 25th.

Haven't really heard of any others going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Riamfada wrote: »
    Are these going on anymore? Is anyone organising anything? Havnt heard of an investigation in ages.
    I'm trying to re-start the night time trip up to the Hell Fire Club on the other thread, like yourself, tis just to go at something different & kill a few hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I suppose I should get back into this, but I haven't been able to afford to arrange anything (seeing as I have to come over from the UK), and unfortunately for me, I only have one location in Ireland to do at present. When I get things more in order, I'll try to organise an investigation, but I can't really say when that'll be... I may also be organising them in a different way now too, so at present, everything is up in the air for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

I'm trying to re-start the night time trip up to the Hell Fire Club on the other thread, like yourself, tis just to go at something different & kill a few hours!

Sadly the HFC is a wash with boyracers up there fluting about at all hours and wrecking the buzz (from what I hear)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Big Steve wrote: »
    Sadly the HFC is a wash with boyracers up there fluting about at all hours and wrecking the buzz (from what I hear)

It's not, I've been walking up there for years now, I've been up there hundreds of times and I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever seen anything up there that I would even consider annoying as opposed to criminal or loutish in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Haven't heard of much going on these days, there are a few groups on facebook that advertise open investigations every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

There is alot of hassle that goes along with open investigations ie, people just not turning up and so on ...blah blah blah

The point of an open investigation to to educate people who may have had and experience or are just interested in the paranormal and just give them a taste of sitting around a location is like. From personal experience it can be a great way to show that investigations are not as they seem on TV. It's not glamorous or financially rewarding just the opposite, however taking a group of people around an alleged haunted location can be great fun for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

Riamfada wrote: »
    I do it for fun, meeting people, exploring castles. I'm very social.

Totally agree. Meeting new people is the best part.

Advertisement