Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hafada piercing?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi lads just have a couple of questions on the hafada scrotal piercing, I'm no stranger to piercings but this will definately be my most extreme one so I want to research a bit. I've read a lot with this that infections can be quite dangerous, has anyone on here had there's infected? I'm under the impression that all infections get infected at some point or another? One more thing was is it very umcomfortable when the ring is in or does it just take getting used to? Any other thoughts or experiences would be appreciated I think I'll get it done sometime this week!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

It is nowhere near an extreme piercing. It's the same tissue as your lobe and will hurt as much. It won't get infected, just do not touch it with dirty hands or change jewellery until it is healed. Try to get pierced with a bar and heal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Thanks id appreciate other responses aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I found mine a bit more painful than the earlobes, as the skin is more stretchy so the needle has work a bit more to push through, was similar to a lip piercing.

I got 2 at the same time, there was no problem with infections but one of them migrated to a point where I had to take it out. Migration is unusual with these because of the flexibility of the skin, mine probably just had a bit more trouble healing because they were done together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I've had one for 2 years now (well it migrated/fell out last summer but I then got it replaced quite quickly) and I love it! The first time I got it done it felt almost painless for some reason, it was more painful the second time though because it was slightly closed up and the piercer had to break through the skin and then stretch it back! I wouldn't worry too much about infections although I was extremely paranoid when I first got mine done, leading me to clean it daily with salts as well as showering two or three times daily :P

Advertisement