Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer Available - math rock / post-rock / Post-hardcore/noise rock

Options
  • 26-06-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

This is an updated post. I'm hoping to narrow it down to a very select group of musicians out there.

I'm looking to join or form a band with 2 or 3 musicians based in Dublin. At the very least a guitarist and bassist, late 20's and older. Musicians who are interested in playing Instrumental music / Anarcho Punk / Metal (ie. Sacrifice / Death) I am not interested in playing Pop music, not even a hint of it, not even a trace of pop music. No happy songs! No schmaltzy airy-fairy vocals, in fact, no vocals at all would be a huge plus! No posers, no egos, just technically proficient musicians who want to jam. I am playing drums for around 20 years and have a lot of experience playing gigs, recording etc. I'm not interested in playing gigs with your band next week. I want to jam with musicians who enjoy playing music for themselves first and foremost.

Do not contact me if you play happy, sappy, poppy, music with boring drumming.

You should like at least one of the below mentioned bands in order to contact me.

Shellac, Nomeansno, Conflict, Rudimentary Peni, Death, Sacrifice, Don Caballero, The ****ing Champs, Omega Tribe, Zounds, King Crimson, Cul de Sac, Volta do Mar (not The Mars Volto, no chance)
    The Jesus Lizard, Rapeman, Slint, Oxes, A Touch of Hysteria, Subhumans.

Am I asking too much? Probably, but here goes!

Pop / Indie bands need not apply. (I'm serious)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 radioschizo

I'm waaaaiiiiiting!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

Man head over to Metalireland.com
    You'll be snapped up in a few hours!
    Theres loads of Death / Meshuggah type bands looks for drummers.

The thought had crossed my mind, but I'm not a fully-fledged Metaler. I like a bit of Metal me, but I'm not looking to join a Metal band per say. I can just appreciate the genre, though particularly the drumming. I used to play in a Metal band called X-Constant. It was good fun, but I wasn't enjoying playing strictly Metal. Hoping to get involved with some instrumental band because the guitarist from my most recent post-rocky type / jam band has immigrated and I'm only dying to play me drums again.

Cheers for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Some great influences there. It's a pity you're not in or near Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Brendn

If I knew my theory better I'd definitely give it a go but sadly my guitar has been neglected due to working. Ever since I stumbled across Toe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-esjmXkZg&feature=related) on youtube, Math-rock has been a genre that fascinated me.

If you manage to get a band up and going, you have a fan in me already mate. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Cheers Brendn, Toe have some nice compositions! The drummer is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gzp___

Hi 35yo guitarist here based in Dublin city centre, I am currently playing with another guitarist\keyboard with strong post-rock\post-punk\experimental influences like: have a nice life, mogwai, pg.lost etc.

currently looking for a drummer

PM if somebody interested!
    Cheers
    G.

Advertisement