Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right here we go again

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Third attempt at a log, the lesson has been learned from the two previous farces ( I hope!!) in that I will be starting small, not rolling the stake over too much and by going with singles only. Going to limit myself to 4 main sports: Rugby, Football, Baseball and Basketball. Starting bank is €1.

Bet #1
    MLB Baseball
    Cleveland Indians @ New York Yankees

Cleveland are coming off a bruising trip to Texas where they were destroyed 8-1 and 7-1 in the 2nd and 3rd series losing 2-1 overall while the Yankees are still in New York following their 2-1 win away to the Mets.

I can't see past a Yankees win in this series opener. Both teams start strong but this is the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. The handicap line is 1.5 in the Yankees favour and I would have to agree with it.

€0.10 on Yankees -1.5 @ 23/20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Good luck with the log. :)

I'm on the Yankees also, but I took them on the straight win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

pithater1 wrote: »
    Third attempt at a log, the lesson has been learned from the two previous farces ( I hope!!) in that I will be starting small, not rolling the stake over too much and by going with singles only. Going to limit myself to 4 main sports: Rugby, Football, Baseball and Basketball. Starting bank is €1.

Bet #1
    MLB Baseball
    Cleveland Indians @ New York Yankees

Cleveland are coming off a bruising trip to Texas where they were destroyed 8-1 and 7-1 in the 2nd and 3rd series losing 2-1 overall while the Yankees are still in New York following their 2-1 win away to the Mets.

I can't see past a Yankees win in this series opener. Both teams start strong but this is the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. The handicap line is 1.5 in the Yankees favour and I would have to agree with it.

€0.10 on Yankees -1.5 @ 23/20.

Win

Well that came in fairly comfortably. Game was over as a contest after the 2nd innings.

Finished 7-1 to the Yankees with the Indians only scoring in the 8th innings.

€0.10 returns €0.12. Bank now stands at €1.12.

Bet #2
    Estonian Football
    Nomme Kalju v Kuressaare

1st v 8th. Kalju have won all their home matches, scoring on average 4 and conceding less than a goal per match. Kuressaare are conceding a lot of goals away from home and having trouble scoring.

€0.11 on Nomme Kalju -2 @ evens.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Bet #2
    Estonian Football
    Nomme Kalju v Kuressaare

1st v 8th. Kalju have won all their home matches, scoring on average 4 and conceding less than a goal per match. Kuressaare are conceding a lot of goals away from home and having trouble scoring.

€0.11 on Nomme Kalju -2 @ evens.

Loss

Finished 2-0 in the end. Got greedy on the odds, should've just gone for -1. Bank now down to €1.01.

As an aside, I've been giving stake management some thoughts, what way do you usually do it? I'm thinking of increasing the stake by 10% on the next bet following a winner and going down to the level before in the case of a loser.

The objective of this log is to build up about a tenner and then start afresh with another one.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement