Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To infinity and beyond(Xbox 360 repair)

Options
  • 25-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Right picked up a cheap 360 today and i have the beautiful RRod

3 of them to be exact

White 20gb Hdmi model

My error is 0110 by doing the sync eject thingy

So what is my best option

Xclamp thingy yokey fixy

Rebally smally soldiery yokey dealeys

Towely burny melty thingy

Smash it with a hammer to stop further pain

I have no fear of explosions or electrocution so if there is any other weird options give me a shout:D

So what to do? 9 votes

Xclamp thingy yokey fixy
    0%
    Rebally smally soldiery yokey dealeys
    11%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    88%
    TouchingVirusThe_B_Mandocentorea5yMyrddinvalleyoftheunoskevin-46Reamer Fanny 8 votes
    Smash it with a hammer to stop further pain
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hi and welcome to the Console Modding forum, the best and longest lasting repair is to reball or replace the GPU, the error code 0110 might suggest a problem with the RAM chips which is rare or it could be a cold solder connection under the GPU leading to one of the RAM chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Leave it to someone who has reball facilities whould be my advice. Don't touch the x-xlamps, leave the towels iin the bathroom, & maybe look through here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Cheers guys

I dont mind if i make a bags of it as i said it is cheap and i would love to be able to do the repair(Or blow it up) with my own 2 hands.

I see this as a learning process

Is it possible to reflow with a standard soldering iron?

Or is there any merit to the xclampfix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Cheers guys

I dont mind if i make a bags of it as i said it is cheap and i would love to be able to do the repair(Or blow it up) with my own 2 hands.

I see this as a learning process

Is it possible to reflow with a standard soldering iron?

Or is there any merit to the xclampfix.

The problem here is the DIY fixes don't actually exist, it has to be done properly or it will fail again.

A reball needs some serious equipment, as does a reflow. The x-clamp fix doesn't work & only causes more damage in the long run...ultimately ruining your chances of even having it fixed properly.

Ah Smeg:mad:

Have all the tools ready to go as well:(

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

1321885363979.png

Nice little bit of kit to take apart (After finding my proper tools :o)

Took apart and put back together without attempting a fix.

Damaged the case in the opening:o

But we shall rebuild my 1st 360 that i have named Steve:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Only gpu exchange but its not worth to do it anymore.Reball will help same as reflow for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Why would a gpu exchane be any better than a reball.
    You do realize that any GPU chips for sale are used chips pulled from consoles and reballed and then thrown in an ultrasonic cleaner.

I don't see any gain from a GPU exchange maybe except for a dead GPU or a persistent e74.

Correct me if I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Why would a gpu exchane be any better than a reball.
    You do realize that any GPU chips for sale are used chips pulled from consoles and reballed and then thrown in an ultrasonic cleaner.

I don't see any gain from a GPU exchange maybe except for a dead GPU or a persistent e74.

Correct me if I'm wrong
    Do u know that if you throw chipset into ultrasonic cleaner will get piece of s**it cuz it will kill core?
    Maybe your source is doing this mean selling refurbished chipsets my doesn't, btw its subject for a alone thread to explain everything :)

Advertisement