Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working one day a week, how will dole be affected?

Options
  • 25-06-2012 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello,

I was recently made redundant, I have made a social welfare claim but I am still waiting for a means test. I have just been offered a part time job working from home one day a week.

I am just wondering how will this affect the social welfare payment, Will I end up with the same money as if I was not working?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

boots2000 wrote: »
    Hello,

I was recently made redundant, I have made a social welfare claim but I am still waiting for a means test. I have just been offered a part time job working from home one day a week.

I am just wondering how will this affect the social welfare payment, Will I end up with the same money as if I was not working?

Thank you

Your earnings from your days works will be assessed as means. You should go sw office and tell them that you will be working casually. You will then be given a form for your employer to fill out and also be given dockets to fill in and submit every week. You will have to provide payslips in order to calculate your means from employment.

Advertisement