Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psyops, BF3 and your personality

Options
  • 25-06-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

stumbled across this on bf3stats.com

http://psyopsresearch.com

The idea is you answer 100 personality questions and its linked to your BF3 profile. Pretty cool and seems that it gets me fairly spot on.

It breaks down your results into a few catagories and gives you a chart thingy too
    Intellect/Imagination - Also known as "Openness to experience". People scoring high on this trait are more inventive and curious, while people with lower scores tend to be more consistent or cautious. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers trying out more different classes and guns, while lower scorers specialize more in one load-out. Another theory is that lower scorers might be more prone to play a more traditional recon or sniper role.

Conscientiousness - This describes how controlled and organized you are. People scoring high on this trait are more efficient and organized, while people with lower scores tend to be more easy-going and careless. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers focusing more on the objective, while lower scorers behave more opportunistically, like acquiring dog tags whenever the chance presents itself.

Extraversion - A measure of how much you focus on social behavior. The opposite of Extraversion is called Introversion. People scoring high on this trait are more outgoing and energetic, while people with lower scores tend to be more solitary and reserved. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers being stronger team players, while low scorers are more likely to be lone wolves.

Agreeableness - This shows how much you value social harmony. People scoring high on this trait are more friendly and compassionate, while people with lower scores are more cold and unkind. People scoring low on this trait traditionally put themselves forward more as leaders. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers being stronger team players, while low scorers are found more on the front lines.

Emotional Stability - The opposite measure is also known as Neuroticism. People scoring high in this trait are more secure and confident, while people with lower scores are more sensitive and nervous. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers earning more defender ribbons than low scorers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What about people who score low because they want to have fun flying and stuff and not because their nervious or whatever. Not really a good scale as it only deals with extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have a feeling that the more people that do it and the more results they get for it it will nullify those odd results like that.

Plus if you are playing for fun then there may be some correlation in your answers and the results.

I guess it would be hard to know one way or another until the results are published

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

My scores (Fianoglach_Airm) were

Intellect / imagination 84
    Emotional stability 86
    Extra version 69
    Conscientiousness 56
    Agreeableness 93

Intellect/Imagination - Also known as "Openness to experience". People scoring high on this trait are more inventive and curious, while people with lower scores tend to be more consistent or cautious. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers trying out more different classes and guns, while lower scorers specialize more in one load-out. Another theory is that lower scorers might be more prone to play a more traditional recon or sniper role.

Conscientiousness - This describes how controlled and organized you are. People scoring high on this trait are more efficient and organized, while people with lower scores tend to be more easy-going and careless. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers focusing more on the objective, while lower scorers behave more opportunistically, like acquiring dog tags whenever the chance presents itself.

Extraversion - A measure of how much you focus on social behavior. The opposite of Extraversion is called Introversion. People scoring high on this trait are more outgoing and energetic, while people with lower scores tend to be more solitary and reserved. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers being stronger team players, while low scorers are more likely to be lone wolves.

Agreeableness - This shows how much you value social harmony. People scoring high on this trait are more friendly and compassionate, while people with lower scores are more cold and unkind. People scoring low on this trait traditionally put themselves forward more as leaders. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers being stronger team players, while low scorers are found more on the front lines.

Emotional Stability - The opposite measure is also known as Neuroticism. People scoring high in this trait are more secure and confident, while people with lower scores are more sensitive and nervous. We think this trait might show itself on the Battlefield with high scorers earning more defender ribbons than low scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

The other half filled mine out for me, not sure its very accurate do

Intellect / imagination 79
    Emotional stability 92
    Extra version 62
    Conscientiousness 45
    Agreeableness 64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Intellect 52
    Emotional Stability 64
    Extraversion 31
    Conscientiousness 35
    Agreeableness 41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

What about people who score low because they want to have fun flying and stuff and not because their nervious or whatever. Not really a good scale as it only deals with extremes.

The score they're referring to is from 0-100 on the 5 points of their psychological profile, not a measure of in-game score or XP.

It seems when you permit them to use Battlelog data collated with the profile you fill out what they're primarily interested in is class usage stats, spread of weapons used. I'm sure game score or score per minute would factor, but they're still referring to more than that in their explanations.

Intellect 86
    Emotional Stability 59
    Extraversion 30
    Conscientiousness 72
    Agreeableness 69

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This is me, apparently:

radarchart.php?E=64&A=84&C=74&S=84&I=93&name=5USPECT&platform=pc

Intellect/Imagination - 93
    Conscientiousness - 74
    Extraversion - 64
    Agreeableness - 84
    Emotional Stability - 84

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Intellect/Imagination 77
    Emotional Stability 92
    Extraversion 62
    Conscientiousness 70
    Agreeableness 71

"Lone Wolf" is what I do at times, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PogueMahone365

Intellect/Imagination 91
    Emotional Stability 68
    Extraversion 72
    Conscientiousness 34
    Agreeableness 79

Results remind me a bit of the DATS test but for "Conscientiousness" read "Numerical Ability"

Advertisement