Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Walsh

Options
  • 25-06-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

What are your thoughts on his progress lads. I was very sure this guy would make it when he went over, he seems to have all the attributes. It seems to be taking longer than expected ..

I know he had a decent debut in a landslide Sydney victory followed by a very poor game against his former club St Kildas. Then he was dropped. Sounded a bit harsh as by the accounts I heard a number of swans failed to show in that game.

Any sign of Tommy getting back in the side? Do people think he is going to make it out there?

On an aside I see Down's Caolan Mooney scored 5 goals in the VFL at the weekend. He seems to be making outstanding progress and seems a cert to make it in the AFL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Only thing against T Walsh is that he doesnt appear to have a great engine. He said he was wrecked after his first game. However if full forward is his position that shouldnt be a huge drawback. He looks to have all the skills to be very good as long as he can get around to kicking the ball for goals. His kick passing and general play was very good in that first game. He could still come through. Jim Stynes took a few years to embed himself and in fairness Walsh is playing in a more difficult position to that of the other Irish players who have come over. He would also be marked by the better most experienced players in the league. Needs to get back into the team before end of year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Tiernster7

derickmc wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on his progress lads. I was very sure this guy would make it when he went over, he seems to have all the attributes. It seems to be taking longer than expected ..

I know he had a decent debut in a landslide Sydney victory followed by a very poor game against his former club St Kildas. Then he was dropped. Sounded a bit harsh as by the accounts I heard a number of swans failed to show in that game.

Any sign of Tommy getting back in the side? Do people think he is going to make it out there?

On an aside I see Down's Caolan Mooney scored 5 goals in the VFL at the weekend. He seems to be making outstanding progress and seems a cert to make it in the AFL.
    Anyone know his contract situation how many seasons is he still signed up for?

Advertisement