Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year of vpn access $99 special

Options
  • 25-06-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I use it to watch German tv but they have 48 national vpns so you can use it for netflix, iplayer etc.... Might be of use to others here.

1 year unlimited vpnaccess for around 78 Euro a year ($99.95) which works out to around $8 a month ,around 5 Euro a month.The OverPlay VPN special no longer requires a coupon code. To take advantage of the offer visit OverPlay.net and register to get the special pricing.

Here is a summary of the OverPlay VPN special pricing :
    - Monthly price - $9.95 a month
    - 3 months special - $27.95 for 3 months
    - 6 months special - $52.95 for 6 months
    - 12 month special - $99.95 for a year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

http://www.strongvpn.com/ is cheaper.. very reliable and fast.. and is only $55 a year

I use it when we are in Germany to watch LoveFilm, Netfix, BBC iPlayer, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

DannyD wrote: »
    I use it to watch German tv but they have 48 national vpns so you can use it for netflix, iplayer etc.... Might be of use to others here.

[..]

Here is a summary of the OverPlay VPN special pricing :
    - Monthly price - $9.95 a month
    - 3 months special - $27.95 for 3 months
    - 6 months special - $52.95 for 6 months
    - 12 month special - $99.95 for a year

and how much you're getting paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

CamperMan wrote: »
    http://www.strongvpn.com/ is cheaper.. very reliable and fast.. and is only $55 a year

Stongvpn only has vpns in 19 countries, overplay has triple that, 62 counties. Strongvpn requires you to configure your network manually, overplay is a simple app , select your country from a dropdown list or you can use their smartdns service.

you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

VPN Sucks, I just use the SmartDNS Option on overplay, just set the DNS on your router and all your devices just work with iPlayer, RTE Player etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Amouar

DannyD wrote: »
    Stongvpn only has vpns in 19 countries, overplay has triple that, 62 counties. Strongvpn requires you to configure your network manually, overplay is a simple app , select your country from a dropdown list or you can use their smartdns service.

you get what you pay for.

Are all the countries supporting streaming? I've read somewhere that it's only in countries listed as Smart, but couldn't find the list of these "smart" countries.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/protect-tt/
    <$40 a year, while we're sharing alternatives. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

I presume these services are only watching other countries stuff on your laptop or computer.
    How can I get the likes of a roku box, smart tv, nintendo wii to pick up us netflix for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I had to change VPN provider. I signed up with this crowd.
    http://hidemyass.com/. $78 for the year.
    Works pretty good on iphone as well :)

Edit: No I'm not an affiliate

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

funnyclub wrote: »
    I presume these services are only watching other countries stuff on your laptop or computer.
    How can I get the likes of a roku box, smart tv, nintendo wii to pick up us netflix for example?

Overplay offer a smartdns service for a couple of euro a month. Works with everything... Windows, OSX, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, Wii, PS3, XBOX360, and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

TimTom wrote: »
    Overplay offer a smartdns service for a couple of euro a month. Works with everything... Windows, OSX, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, Wii, PS3, XBOX360, and more!
    What's a "couple of euro" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Question about these vpn things.. Can you use it on multiple devices like could i watch american netflix on my laptop and ps3 with the yearly subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I had to change VPN provider. I signed up with this crowd.
    http://hidemyass.com/. $78 for the year.
    Works pretty good on iphone as well :)

Edit: No I'm not an affiliate

Hide my ass is good but the servers can become slow at times,

I used it a lot for HBO and NBC to watch catch ups

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

Harpy wrote: »
    Question about these vpn things.. Can you use it on multiple devices like could i watch american netflix on my laptop and ps3 with the yearly subscription?

Yes. Have a look at their website , $5 equates to 4 Euro ? a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

No not on PS3, hide my ass u need to download software,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

TimTom wrote: »
    Yes. Have a look at their website , $5 equates to 4 Euro ? a month.
    ...So to summarise, it's not "a couple of €". It's 2 couples. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Hidemyass.com has 265 servers located in 50 countries, and only costs $78.66 a year.

Been using them for last couple of months and personally think they are great, never had an issue with them and I use them for streaming all the time, especially love how they have an irish server (being based in middle east it helps big time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Cork24 wrote: »
    No not on PS3, hide my ass u need to download software,

Hidemyass also uses PPTP, so you dont HAVE to use their software

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

StrongVPN is very reliable. I have used it for the last 2 years at about $55 per year. It depends on what country you need your tunnel for. For most it is the USA or the UK, whether it is for work or media streaming related.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yeah most people will use VPN to watch media in UK or USA. I find it handy to listen to UK radio which can't broadcast outside UK for sports "Rights Restrictions". The iplayer on the Iphone is unreal with the VPN.
    I think the majority of VPNs work. Its down to people preferences really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

VPN Sucks, I just use the SmartDNS Option on overplay, just set the DNS on your router and all your devices just work with iPlayer, RTE Player etc.

Just heard about that service yesterday. Sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Does anyone know of one that will work in china?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

can smartDNS be used with xbmc on raspberry pi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

dodzy wrote: »
    ...So to summarise, it's not "a couple of €". It's 2 couples. :rolleyes:
    oh look a pedant.Everbody loves a smart ar$e.

You could of used google yerself to find out how much overplay costs if you were worried about people posting semantic inaccuracies

Advertisement