Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-related model kits

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else here collect model kits? I know Penev10 does, and a mighty collection you have sir!

Just wondered if anyone collects, builds and paints these? I've spent the entire day drooling over numerous kits. Namely the Vic Viper, Darius Burst Silver Hawk and the Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun kits.

What have you got? What do you collect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I used to get some warhammer 40'000 when I was younger, thats about it for me haha

I was looking at some gundam models a while ago and must get around to ordering some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 34,476 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Only things I've ever really bought are those Gashapon shooting historica ships - never any kits though.

I also collected Warhammer 40k about 10 years ago. Love painting them up. I guess I'd probably really enjoy these model kits too.

They probably cost a bomb though, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Arcade&Retro forum - plumbing new depths of nerdiness and anorakism! (No offense intended)

I didn't know such a game related thing existed. Used to make the Airfix and Revell model planes when I was younger. The painting always let me down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My meagre collection isn't anything compared to some of the Mech legions possessed by folks on the Anime & Manga Forum!

Most of mine isn't particularly games-related, I do have the cat from Shikigami No Shiri though!
    box2.jpg

And some lovely Windwaker figures:
    Wind-Waker-Gashapon.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/ is a good site for perusing. Has most of the stuff you'll find in Akihabara with a reasonable mark-up. Shipping isn't too bad all things considered.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A guy on youtube called pixel dan does a series on toys and models based on video games called from Pixels to Plastic. Might be of interest to denizens of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Arcade&Retro forum - plumbing new depths of nerdiness and anorakism! (No offense intended)

I didn't know such a game related thing existed. Used to make the Airfix and Revell model planes when I was younger. The painting always let me down though.

Airfix ftw :cool:

Currently trying to hone my airbrushing skills on a Westland Whirlwind. Airbrush paint finish is damn nice

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Most shmup models come in unpainted resin kit form and are expensive , these things need skill and patience to build and I have none :mad:

I bought what I thought was a complete DeathSmiles figure from YHJ as an ornament for my Aero City but what turned up was a ( thank God painted ) resin kit that I had to assemble myself , it turned out al right in the end but I hated the whole process and got no help from the wife who just laughed when my fingers where glued together for the 10th time .:(

th_DSCF4103.jpg
    th_DSCF4229.jpg

th_DSCF4244.jpg

Master of the Universe

Looks good! Was going to comment on the paintjob being nice before noticing you said it was prepainted. :D

Must stick some of my little gashapon ships down on top of the cab.

The other one I have is unbreakable, one piece moulded plastic and moved from the Aero to the Cute !

DSCF3681.jpg

That's enough for me , I like the model ships but they probably would end up in a box .

Casey120 wrote: »
    The other one I have is unbreakable, one piece moulded plastic and moved from the Aero to the Cute !

DSCF3681.jpg

That's enough for me , I like the model ships but they probably would end up in a box .

You have a cute?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have the Darius Burst Gashapon and I have a Katsumi Liqeur figure. Id really like the big Plum edition Silver Hawk with the burst add on for my desk.

Where did you buy the Deathsmiles figurine? Id like an ornament of that build/paint quality for my Astro. Perhaps not a Deathsmiles one, might end up getting my collar felt for that!

You have a cute?

He has an Aero City too. Life, like Frank Bruno's arse, is not fair. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mostly just a few assorted gaming Kubricks and Be@rbricks I've accumulated over the last few years. My Mega Man set is a personal favourite:

megaman.jpg?cb5e28

I remember the bet shape ones, those look great! How many do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm not really that into model collecting. The closest I have is probably some game related dolls, ehh, I mean action figures :o
    Still sealed of course so I cant enjoy them :)

dsc1770b.jpg

Master of the Universe

That Megaman Kubrick is brilliant! Not too sure if I get the Bearbricks though...!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I remember the bet shape ones, those look great! How many do you have?

Not too many, alas. Ireland is not the friendliest place for the Kubrick collector. I just love that there's such a wide range of pop culture represented - from Sonic to Andy Warhol to Twin Peaks. My collection so far:

QuLUe.jpg?1

(I seem to have lost my Revolver Ocelot :()

Nice. That yellow one looks great, what's that one all about?

Nice. That yellow one looks great, what's that one all about?

It's designed by one of the artists from Krooked skateboarding. The 'artist' model be@rbricks tend to be the rarest ones in terms of distribution rates, and it's the only one I've ever actually managed to find 'in the wild'.

Talking of 'rare' Mr. U, I continued my search of model kits and happened upon these magnificent creations. Like or loathe RC, it has to be said, these are incredible achievements!

• Advertisement

I call it the Spruce Moose! Hop in!

Hmm, I've been looking a few of those 'Stanley's' up. They look like an interesting thing to start collecting and take up more space in my already packed office. Thanks!

Anyone fancy a group buy on an RC A380? :pac:

Where did you buy the Deathsmiles figurine? Id like an ornament of that build/paint quality for my Astro. Perhaps not a Deathsmiles one, might end up getting my collar felt for that!

I bought it on YHJ .
    www.amiami.com has a wide selection of figures and models .

Casey120 wrote: »
    I bought it on YHJ.

That'll teach me for not reading your post properly. :D

I really need to stop watching episode after episode of Plamo Tsukurou and looking up Tamiya cutters, paint thinner and airbrush systems when I haven't even a breeze what I'm doing! :eek:

He has an Aero City too. Life, like Frank Bruno's arse, is not fair. :(

So.....when you planning on selling? :D

So.....when you planning on selling? :D

I have to check my cellar , I think I still have some left !

12012010467.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

A Master Grade Qubeley:cool:

I'd have a house chock-full of Gunpla if the missus would let me:p

Advertisement