Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood effect uPVC windows query

Options
  • 24-06-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, can someone tell me if the blind in the link below will damage my windows when removed? It's a temporary blackout blind that is attached to the window with self-adhesive velcro fastened to the window frame.

I have wood effect uPVC windows and I'm afraid when I remove the velcro fastner it will cause some damage to the window frame.

http://www.easyblindsonline.co.uk/easyblackout-Kit.html

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

GHER wrote: »
    Hi, can someone tell me if the blind in the link below will damage my windows when removed? It's a temporary blackout blind that is attached to the window with self-adhesive velcro fastened to the window frame.

I have wood effect uPVC windows and I'm afraid when I remove the velcro fastner it will cause some damage to the window frame.

http://www.easyblindsonline.co.uk/easyblackout-Kit.html

Cheers.

Try using a hair dryer to help loosen it. I would try only a few inches at first and see what happens. It might leave a sticky glue on the window frame and I personally wouldn't use any solvents to remove it for fear of damaging the wood effect

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chrismartin4u

You can use Ammonia fumes to remove these blackout blinds. I am sure it will remove it without affecting your window’s frame. But you need to be aware while using Ammonia fumes because it can harm your skin if don’t wear gloves and mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

if its the embossed pvc you 'should' be fine. that stuff is stronger than you think. If its not that strong then a window scraper will take the velcro off and petrol will remove the glue.

Advertisement