Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a new PC.

Options
  • 24-06-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Have no experience in building them what so ever so I'm not sure if this is a good/ok pc for what I want. Anyway.

Item Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9 €36.71
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s €61.69
    BitFenix Merc Alpha €31.61
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz €16.47
    Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP €144.51
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W €41.33
    Intel Core i5-2310 Box, LGA1155 €162.39
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX €68.86
    BenQ GL2250 €109.00
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch €90.03
    Shipping €4.99
    Total €767.59

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's perfect if you don't want to overclock, although I think you can save getting the German version of Windows (can still use English I think) and spend the savings on an i5-3450. Also, don't get that hard drive, get a comparable Seagate Barracuda 7200 as a boot drive instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Rogann

It's perfect if you don't want to overclock, although I think you can save getting the German version of Windows (can still use English I think) and spend the savings on an i5-3450. Also, don't get that hard drive, get a comparable Seagate Barracuda 7200 as a boot drive instead.

Forgot to mention that I'll be using the pc for moderate gaming for games such as Starcraft II, Minecraft and video rendering for YouTube. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll look into it.

Just did some research and turns out you cannot change the language from german to english unless its Windows7 Ultimate Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Rogann wrote: »
    Just did some research and turns out you cannot change the language from german to english unless its Windows7 Ultimate Edition.

You can download the English ISO. All you are paying for is the license key.

As I said before I'm completely new to this so bare with me :D So your saying I can download the English software or whatever and then just use the code to activate it? Like Adobe Photoshop etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Rogann wrote: »

As I said before I'm completely new to this so bare with me :D So your saying I can download the English software or whatever and then just use the code to activate it? Like Adobe Photoshop etc?
    Yes, you can download an english version of windows & burn it onto a dvd or boot from a usb

Advertisement