Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 volume button

Options
  • 24-06-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a 407 and when listening to the radio the volume keeps going down itself. I can turn it back up but every few seconds it turns down bit by bit. Also the button does not work to turn off (or on) the radio. I took the plastic button cover off and tried pressing underneath but to no avail.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the display actually showing the volume going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Yes, it is. As if I manually turned it down.

Have you checked the steering wheel buttons?

I didn't think of that. I just checked it there and I can turn the volume up and down with it but maybe it is stuck. I might try to find way of disabling it to see if I still have the issue. The reason I thought it might be the button on the radio is because I cannot power it off either.

"Row" on here would be the man to ask about this

• Advertisement

OK, thanks for your help. Hopefully he'll see this. I think it might be the radio stalk by the steering wheel alright but even if I manage to disable it I still can't turn off the radio.

Did you disconnect the battery recently?

I only got the car on Friday so it is a possibility the battery was disconnected for some reason as there was a service done recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The volume control's on the Rd4 radios do give trouble.
    Afaik Peugeot should be able to sell you a new replacment volume button...maybe give them a call in the morning.
    Otherwise you could pick up a s/h radio but it will need to be coded in with peugeot planet (peugeot diagnostics).

I think I found the part number to replace the button (Part number: 6564P3) but I'm not sure how to do it. Hopefully the dealers can help me out. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Just an update, it was the stalk. I removed it and now the volume no longer goes down. I can live with not being able to turn the radio off for now. Thanks lads.

Advertisement