Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA in galway

Options
  • 24-06-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Hi i'll more then likely be going to NUIG next year and I'm interested in mma so I was wondering what the mma club in galway was like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

point blank is on the wrong side of the city for you. seeing as there training is at 7ish and you'll most likely have to get a bus through evening traffic.

There is strange wolves in the claddagh. about 10mins from the college. Also the college while it doesnt have an mma club. has a great muay thai and boxing club for striking and judo for grappling.

pm if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Plenty of NUIG students train at Point Blank so I don't think the commute is too arduous; depends on on where you live and what time you finish college at. Most classes are at 7 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Hi,

We do get plenty of students over from NUIG and GMIT so if you don't have your own car theirs a fair chance we can find a lift for you off somebody. The bus will drop you close enough as well.

Check out our website, http://www.pointblankgym.com/ or search for Point Blank Submissions on facebook for more details.

You won't go wrong with Vinny & co down in Strange Wolves either. I call down there myself when I get the chance.

I'd like to think you have good options in Galway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

You can't go wrong at point blank. I trained there for a small while before I moved from Galway. Had great craic and met some great people. And the training is top notch aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement