Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops - Irish retailers?

Options
  • 24-06-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in the market for a new laptop, but I'd like to buy from an Irish or Irish based retailer so I can have minimum hassle with after sales service etc should the need ever arise.
    So what Irish retailers are out there, apart from the likes or Harvey Norman,
    Argos etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Online there is dabs, elara and komplett. I recently bought a laptop from komplett, took 1 day to process and then another 3 to deliver! Very happy. Also, don't order on a Friday or weekend because then it won't process until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hi, I'm in the market for a new laptop, but I'd like to buy from an Irish or Irish based retailer so I can have minimum hassle with after sales service etc should the need ever arise.
    So what Irish retailers are out there, apart from the likes or Harvey Norman,
    Argos etc?

Thanks

All the below have actual stores if that's what you're looking for, rather than the likes of dabs, misco or elara who are web-only:

www.pcworld.ie
    www.currys.ie
    www.harveynorman.ie
    www.click.ie
    www.soundstore.ie Munster based
    www.powercity.ie leinster/dublin
    www.did.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

Troxck wrote: »
    Online there is dabs, elara and komplett. I recently bought a laptop from komplett, took 1 day to process and then another 3 to deliver! Very happy. Also, don't order on a Friday or weekend because then it won't process until Monday.

Sorry to tell you. Dabs = English, Komplett= German
    How about Powercity ? Ask for a discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

All stores are a rip off i think,
    The best is this:
    laptopsdirect.ie

Im thinking of getting a laptop from this site. VERY CHEAP
    Rest:
    Argos.ie
    Dabs.ie
    Soundstore.ie
    Currys.ie
    harveynorman.ie
    Pcworld.ie
    elara.ie
    dell.ie
    expansys.ie
    sony.ie
    misco.ie
    pixmania.ie
    laptopsireland.ie
    campus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Komplett is generally cheaper than laptopsdirect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Also, Laptopsdirect have a bad rep for customer service. Yes, people report complaints more then satisfaction, but SaveOnLaptops has a much better rep in comparison, for example. Google around and judge for yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Nice one folks cheers for all those, I'll check them out

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/15_16_inch/80006462/acer_15_6_5750g_32354g32mn_i3_2350_4gb_320gb/details.aspx

I am thinking of a new laptop...I like the look of this....Have any of you any views on Acer......I have a packard bell that has been good to me ,but needs changing.I cant really find one at the price I can pay,that would have the specs like that one.....Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Komplett is a feckin ripp of but laptopsdirect have excellent prices but bad rep for customer services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I prefer Komplett anyway, very good service, reps presence on boards.ie, competitive prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement