Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Charge Offence - Speeding Fine

Options
  • 24-06-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello,

I got a Fixed Charge Offence - Speeding Fine recently and the letter I received said I was travelling at 175km/h in a 120km/h zone.

However I have never ever in my life driven at 175km/h. I have never ever travelled at that speed on any road in any car.

How can I appeal this fine and what are my chances of appealing? I have no proof that I was not travelling at 175km/h but I know that I have never driven even close to that speed.

Also when stopped, I was stopped by an unmarked Toyota Camry with blue lights on the back. And when the driver of the Camry came to my car he showed me no Garda I.D. Are the public expected to pull over for ANY car that has blue lights in the back window? The person that pulled me over obviously was a Garda, since I have been posed a fine, but how would anyone know it was a legitimate guard pulling you over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

You simply ask to see their ID. They must present it when requested if they haven't already done so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Opt to have the matter heard at court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Your options are; pay the fine and take the points, or don't pay, go to Court and take your chances with a judge.

As for the garda, if in uniform he doesn't have to show you id if he's in uniform, unless you request it and yes you're legally obliged to pull over when a member of ags directs you, whether they're on a bicycle, in an unmarked car with blue lights or even on a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

In my opinion, you should engage a solicitor if you choose to go to Court over this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement