Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer Available

Options
  • 24-06-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello potential band members. I am currently seeking musicians in Dublin to jam with. I am 32 Years old and have been playing drums for the best part of 20 years. I have plenty of experience making bad musicians sound good and at the moment I am hoping to get involved with playing music with competent musicians. Please, only technically proficient musicians may apply. No pop music, no posers, no prick-arsing around, just good musicians who want to play good music. I am looking to play instrumental music in particular, Post Rock, Math Rock etc.

Genres that have influenced my playing style; Bossa Nova, Jazz, Math Rock, Metal, Anarcho Punk, Rock, Benga, Samba, Funk, P*rn Groove, you name it!

So drop me a line if you want to jam, but before doing so, ask yourself, do you like Kings of Leon? The Killers? or any of that drivel that's supposed to be cool to like? If the answer is yes then you probably shouldn't ask me to jam with you. :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Hi there

we would be interested in getting together for a jam with you if you'd be into it. Our band has been on hiatus for few months as we've been unable to get a drummer:(. We're all mid-30s...not looking to "make it" and we wont win any beauty contests for sure, but we take practice seriously enough. The only reason we're not at the gigging stage is we tried to bring a beginner drummer along for the ride (a good friend of ours)to our detriment.

Musically, biggest influences I hear in our stuff would be slowcore stuff like Red House Painters, and 90s rock like the Afghan Whigs, My Morning Jacket, maybe a little Pearl Jam. I listen to whole other load of stuff from Megadeth through Kings X to Depeche Mode, but thats what it sounds like so far.
    To date though we havent had a drummer who could jam, so door is wide open for someone to put their stamp on existing songs/help create new ones and help us branch out.

No-one in this band likes the Killers. KOL 2nd album was good but otherwise bollocks, so you can rest assured you will never EVER hear the words "lets cover Sex On Fire" with us.

If that sounds interesting enough let me know...i've sent you my mobile if you have any q's. I can put a couple of old demos on Soundcloud if you need to hear em (just me at home w/software as opposed to band).

CHeers
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 33 radioschizo

A lot of hustle around here, I like it! Thanks to everybody who has shown interest. I'll make myself available to jam soon. In the meantime keep em' coming. I will make a shortlist of potential band mates by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jonppb

Pm Sent

Advertisement