Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works/Windows Task Launcher

Options
  • 24-06-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I had this installed on my laptop when I got it. My laptop crashed a few months ago and after coming back from repairs I can't locate it on my computer anywhere. I have looked online to see if it can be downloaded but I can't seem to find any info. I can't recall if its Works Task Launcher or Windows Task Launcher. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am at my wits end as I am writing up a report on a recent woodturning demo for 2 magazine articles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

start-search-type in works

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I've done that but it just isn't there. There's nothing. Works brings up an empty shortcut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

What kind of file is the report? A Word document?
    You could import it into Google Docs if you have a Google (Gmail) account, or even download LibreOffice for free if you're in a fix?
    http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

works is a separate program, not part of windows

so you would need the original media to install from / backup disks

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

They left a backup file on the desktop when they fixed the laptop but works isn't in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement