Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB's turning left...

Options
  • 23-06-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Was doing a bit of target practice today with my jg bar10. Using blaster .28s they decided to take a savage left turn after about 10-15m. Stripping down the hop unit shows that the right hand side of the hop rubber is much more heavily indented than the left, I assume this is causing the left swing, however I have no idea how to correct this, aside from breaking out the dremel and sanding down the right hand projection of the hop arm. Apologies for the essay.
    Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

r0n0c wrote: »
    Was doing a bit of target practice today with my jg bar10. Using blaster .28s they decided to take a savage left turn after about 10-15m. Stripping down the hop unit shows that the right hand side of the hop rubber is much more heavily indented than the left, I assume this is causing the left swing, however I have no idea how to correct this, aside from breaking out the dremel and sanding down the right hand projection of the hop arm. Apologies for the essay.
    Any ideas guys?

Simple solution..new rubber..don't touch the arm.

And ensure the rubber is seated correctly when installed .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

try twisting the barrel in the hop up unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

thermo wrote: »
    try twisting the barrel in the hop up unit.

that actually might work, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

r0n0c wrote: »
    that actually might work, cheers

Did you take off the rubber and see that it is worn?

As thermo suggested twisting the barrel is just to insure that rubber seats correctly in the barrel window you should see a even shaped piece through the barrel when the hop up is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

yea looked at the rubber, seems fine, apart from the indents.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 T.1.O

make sure your barrel is straight as if the barrel is slightly off it will send the bb's off to the sides

T.1.O

Advertisement