Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for Thailand

Options
  • 23-06-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

myself and my boyf arrive in bangkok on the 19th of aug, we are travellin around northern thailand for about 2 and a half weeks den headin to laos via mekong slow boat, travellin laos, vietnam and cambodia n then returnin into thailand to travel the south and islands around the 1st of oct then headin to malaysia n singapore. we dont hav a flight booked until nov 14th from singapore so no real sign that we will b leavin thailand for 3 months...what kinda visa do we need to get and where do we get it??!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

wonda wrote: »
    Hi guys,

myself and my boyf arrive in bangkok on the 19th of aug, we are travellin around northern thailand for about 2 and a half weeks den headin to laos via mekong slow boat, travellin laos, vietnam and cambodia n then returnin into thailand to travel the south and islands around the 1st of oct then headin to malaysia n singapore. we dont hav a flight booked until nov 14th from singapore so no real sign that we will b leavin thailand for 3 months...what kinda visa do we need to get and where do we get it??!!

You can get a dble/treble(which ever you need) entry visa for thailand from the Thai embassy in Dublin, go to the embassy site and download application form.
    If I was you I would get out of Bangkok(a right ripoff/s**thole) straight away. If I was you I'd fly from Bangkok to hanoi(Vietnam) and start from there. Instead of going back and forth.
    Hanoi(Sapa and Halong bay) travel by train down the cost to da nang-hoi an(beautiful city)-nha trang(good beach/mud baths plenty of tours dalat) saigon(much nicer than Hanoi me thinks, plenty of tours Cuchi tunnels and Mekong delta(beautiful).
    Get a night bus to Phnom penh(Cambodia) great city, head south to this coast(I'd wait till ye get to Thailand for the beaches), head north to Siem reap(ankor wat) by Boat or buswhich ever.
    Head into laos do your white water raftIng/jungle trips etc here much cheaper I think than northern Thailand.
    Head from Laos into Thailand
    Chiang mai(great city) from there work your way south by passing Bangkok, head to ko samui and surrounding islands and unto the south so many places to see and lovely beaches, phuket(patong has to be seen once and once only... Not for me) lovely island but there's a lot cheaper places to visit. When you have your fill head to mayalsia Langkawi-Penang-Cameroon highlands-Melaka-KL and into Singapore(very expensive)
    Hope this helps we did this in reverse two years ago and it was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

OP, please be aware that annually there's lots of (and lots more) heavy rain / serious flooding around Thailand Aug-Sep (seems to affect the North more) so Chiang Mai could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A7x9Qbx4POhPuXwAZkNLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNGxmazk4BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2lyZAR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11o8ej63a/EXP=1340648696/**http%3a//www.thaiconsulateireland.com/
    Here is the link.... Double entry visa will be better for you...I wonder , when is the best time to apply before departing for Bkk.... One month ?

Advertisement