Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rosetta stone tattoo

Options
  • 23-06-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

hi all

so i'm thinking of getting a tattoo of the rosetta stone. this was the stone they discovered in three different ancient languages that allowed us to decipher egyptian hieroglyphics. what i want is a section of it in a band around my upper arm, with equal parts of each language. thing is the writing would have to be pretty small to get this, i'm wondering is this possible? i've heard tattoos "leak" a bit over time, i wouldn't want to end up with a big smudgey band after 5 years. link to the stone below (big file so i won't post a pic)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Rosetta_Stone_BW.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

froog wrote: »
    hi all

so i'm thinking of getting a tattoo of the rosetta stone. this was the stone they discovered in three different ancient languages that allowed us to decipher egyptian hieroglyphics. what i want is a section of it in a band around my upper arm, with equal parts of each language. thing is the writing would have to be pretty small to get this, i'm wondering is this possible? i've heard tattoos "leak" a bit over time, i wouldn't want to end up with a big smudgey band after 5 years. link to the stone below (big file so i won't post a pic)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Rosetta_Stone_BW.jpeg

No tattoo artist will do a tattoo like that, its something that will like a blob on your arm in years to come. It wouldn't be possible to get the writing that small either. There is some things that work for tattoos and some that don't, unfortunately this is one that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

was thinking that alright. i suppose i could just take three small sections from each language and have the letters bigger if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

froog wrote: »
    was thinking that alright. i suppose i could just take three small sections from each language and have the letters bigger if you know what i mean.

Yeah keep the idea just work around it. Best thing to do is go to a tattoo artist with different pictures of what you want and go from there.

Good to see some actually deciding to change the design cause it won't work. Hate people that just have their mind set on what they want, even if they are told it won't look good.

Advertisement